Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:42 pm
Tuesday night racing at York Sport open for entries usual programme of

Womens only race 7.10 followed by
2nd,3rd, 4th cat at 8.10

If anyone can help out with sign on from 6.15 it would be appreciated also looking for an organiser for the racing on the 13th August!

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... ium-Race-6

Race 7 to follow

A J

by Sharpy Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:13 pm
Really enjoyed my return to racing, the facility is superb and the supporting staff were great!

Good to see Tim managed the impossible.... getting a wheel of my missus (that sounds worse than it was) he punctured about 20 metres into the track while warming up and Fiona let him use her wheel despite the fact I had to run a slightly worse for wear turbo wheel on my slightly worse for wear winter bike...

Looking forward to next week. :D

Cheers

Sharpy
by timj Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:50 pm
Thanks for that Sharpy.Was really looking forward to racing with the 2nd cats last night and thought I would be having a bath before I started. :cry: Thanks to a wheel change I was in there.Good race with plenty of attacks and one which stuck with 2 staying away one of which was a Cliftonite :lol: (not me unfortunateiy)IMPRESSIVE as we were shifting.chapeau.Came in sprinting with the bunch but just outside top ten but a real race and must also say the venue is excellent.My winter training wont change much this next year but I know I have to work on my sprint as I have had plenty of placing just outside top ten when I have been well positioned.cheers

by RichardD Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:00 pm
Just noticed on the BC website that you won the race Sharpy. Congratulations. Please tell me you kept the mudguards on :)

by Sharpy Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 pm
Cheers Rich, no I decided that I should take them off, still had my wheel reflectors and light brackets on though! :D

by Cam B Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 pm
Sorry...not impressed. Put panniers on next time and maybe a bag of shopping looped round your handlebars for good measure :wink:

Well done Richard!

by mart66 Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:33 pm
Great result, Sharpy.

I bet you got a few strange looks when you lined up with your wheel reflectors on.

Martin

by Sharpy Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:57 pm
I think they didn't believe I would get away on that thing, gave me an easy ride! :lol:

Panniers and shopping Cam... only if its beer... :o

and thanks, heading down again on Tuesday with any luck see how I can get on this time.