Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Sharpy Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:44 pm
Hi All,

I am keen to get back on to the race scene but my race bike is on the shop and not likely to be back until September, I have my winter bike but it has mudguards that require the brakes to be removed in order to get them off.

To be honest I am not sure I can be fussed about taking them off, but other than the masses of extra drag they produce will I need to take them off to go racing?

Cheers

Sharpy

by Cyan Skymoos Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:19 pm
Blimey what requires a bike to be in the shop till September.

Don't race with guards on....How much faff can removing mudguards really be? 5 minute job?

by Sharpy Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:26 pm
Its gone back to the manufacturer for a warranty request, being Italian they are shut for August, hence I won't get it back until September.

Its just the faff of taking the brakes off really also if it rains I will need to put them back on for the commute and the like so as I say its just the faff, not a big job but wondered if there were any specific reasons for not racing with them eg safety.
by timj Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:14 pm
I suspect that the added chance of catching them at close quarters or damaging someone if u come off ( or you}might be a reason not to race with them on.Not sure if it is allowed either.