Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by chester56 Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:44 pm
Having raced the LVRC event this morning with Tim, stopped off in York on way back to watch the City Centre events. Upon returning to my car (St. Pauls Square, nr. Holgate Bridge) I was met with the sight of a smashed rear window and empty space...where my Cervelo R5 had been, having been disassembled after my race. Police were called and details circulated. Please keep an eye out for the following:
A dark grey Cervelo R5(54 cm frame) equipped with a variety of Campagnolo componentry, Deda 100 bars (white) and white tape with Easton wheels. I intend to let bike shops in York know of the theft and welcome advice as to any other steps I can take.

Any information please to me on 07974 101781

Many thanks

Andy
by chester56 Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:33 pm
Received a call earlier this week from the Police at Acomb to say that my Cervelo bike had been recovered, along with several others, from a den in Selby…no further detail at that stage as the bike was in store.
So off I pooped to Acomb both delighted and, at the same time, thinking what state the bike might be in………….
Need not have been concerned!! The first thing I noticed was that my computer was still on the bars and showed an average speed of 23.8 mph……which was a good sign because it was exactly that at the completion of my last race….just before it was stolen……so it appeared not to have been ridden at all.
Other than being very dusty, I gradually saw that everything else was in good order…….I simply could not believe that is was mine again. The only issue I now have is that I shall have to return it’s replacement to Cervelo and hope I can recover my spend.
So, a great end to my year after the earlier bike theft and too many injuries.
by dave c Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 pm
Great news Andy, there wasn't a red/black 51 2008 Cervelo RS there aswell was there, stolen in April 2012?! Mine looks as though gone forever!
by IanH Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:24 pm
:D :D :D that's amazing after all this time, just shows how the scroats maybe hang on to them for some time till the heat is off, so its well worth anyone else contacting the police just in case their stolen bike is there.

Ian H.

Are we there yet