Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by GrahamMartin Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:11 pm
Moving this onto a separate thread, as it's not in any way specific to the July 2nd race on the York Sport circuit. As Darren (Cyan Skymoos) put it:

"Blimey..all you ever read about is crashes, don't people care how much bike bits cost to replace. Nevermind skills training for the kids get some sessions organised for the seniors."

Is this something Clifton should be organising? Realistically speaking, what can we organise? Is this all basic enough that a couple of old hands can run a session for 20 people, or do we know the right people to be running this? If the answer is 'yes, we can and should organise something', then how do we (myself included, though I'll be paying to attend!) sort it out?

Should we just work through whatever the kids work through, or is there a better place to start? Should we aim it early season, or try and 'ride the wave' and do it in September this year, so people can go away and do the training that gets discussed?

The post-Wiggo surge shows no sign of abating, and whilst that can be seen as a negative for safety, its a bonus for the sport, and we could get some long-term committed club members. I'm happy to do publicity work, admin etc. but what sort of support/contacts could the club offer from a 'teaching' side?
by like my bike Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 pm
yes we should do something... from September to March

A J