Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by stevesavage Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:55 pm
Sorry but here is another post begging for volunteers......

Please can you help out at the club’s Open Time Trial next Saturday – 6 July?

I need at least 3 (preferably 4) people to marshal the course and 1 person to push off so that the event can go ahead safely.

What is involved?
You need to be able to spare a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon. Be able to get to Flaxton village hall about 1pm. The event will be finished by about 4pm.
Your job is to indicate the route the rider is to follow. There is no requirement to stop or control traffic in any way.
Enjoy plenty of tea and cakes after the event.

In the past marshals have been able to fit in a ride in the morning before getting to Flaxton so you don’t have to sacrifice a whole day.

Please could you let me know if you are able to help. If you have any questions please PM me.

by Melly Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:46 pm
Steve, I am an old new road racer that has done 3 time trials that totally destroyed my enjoyment of riding a bicycle, as a club member I will volunteer to do the push off duty as I would like Time trial riders to volunteer likewise to help out Andy Myers in his execution of the City Centre Race Series that I have entered. As a club of 340 members (a record according to Billy) It amazes me that we have to go begging every time to man/women up volunteers to service every event that the club promotes, most club in the North would love to promote what Clifton does, but it does not happen without MEMBERS participation... Sorry rant over.

by Melly Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm
And if that role is taken I will ride out and marshal wherever required

by stevesavage Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 pm
The start sheets have gone out now. We have 45 riders with some coming from as far as London and Oxford in the South and Teeside in the North.
Many thanks to Simon (Melly) and Ian Willcox for volunteering so far.
I really need another 3 helpers. Remember it is only for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon.
If you are reading this and thinking I might help but will see if anyone else volunteers first, please just say you'll do it.

by stevesavage Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:35 pm
Thanks to Simon, Ian, Paul, Tim and Daniel for offering to help out.
I could do with someone else to be a reserve marshal in case of unseen eventualities and perhaps to do the result board back at the HQ. Any takers?

by JacobBrown Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 pm
I've emailed you steve but if you didn't get it my parents and one of my brothers will be along and don't mind helping :)