Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 pm
Over to Barton on Humber courtesy of a lift with Tim for the Barton Wheelers Midsummer LVRC RR. Anything with "midsummer" in the title stands a fair chance of being blighted by torrential rain - indeed as per my prediction this is exactly what befell a fete we passed in Stamford Bridge - and in the event we were very lucky - a stiff westerly but blue skies and warmer than expected. And dry roads - good news on this circuit with the 35mph+ approach to the turn off the downwind leg.

RichD and Tim in the A/B race and AndyC and me in the C/D one. After a couple of laps small groups started getting off the front and once these got together and started working they were motoring. Semi-organisation took hold in the bunch and for a further couple of laps we held the gap, but cooperation was fragile and soon after it became a game of seeing if anyone else could get away. Nothing stuck until two laps to go when two riders shot away, leaving the rest of us to sprint for - ooooo, well, nothing worth sprinting for. With a cycling holiday approaching and mindful of AndyM and how easily it can all end in A&E, I kept a steady pace across the line. 23.3mph on a windy, hilly circuit isn't bad, and nor (for me at least) is 275W for one hour twenty!