Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 am
I'll be out near the Humber Bridge with various other members of the club's Old Blokes Race Squad so can someone else marshal the forces for the training ride (I'm putting money on you deciding to chase the 8:45 group westwards.... :wink: ).

by AndyM Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:07 pm
Ooo the chase sounds fun!

Unfortunately I won't be out for a good few weeks now - had the dreaded letter through the post from the hospital this morning asking me to head back in for more xrays following last week's crash in Kirby Misperton. Turns out my scaphoid is in a couple of bits so now have a Clifton-coloured (red) cast on - the turbo and I are going to be getting to know each other very well!

by mart66 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:14 pm
Sorry to hear that Andy. Hope it heals well.

The west route will be busy - the Rapha ride I'm doing is York-Whitby-York. I'm intending on taking my 'team' on the usual route to Malton.

Be nice to draft the back of the training ride for a bit!

Martin

Ps - rubbish weather forecast

by RichardD Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 am
Very unlucky Andy. A broken scaphoid seems a disproportionate recovery time for such a little bone. Hope you can stay sane on the Turbo and will be out on the road soon.

by Dr Dave Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:24 pm
RichardD wrote:Very unlucky Andy. A broken scaphoid seems a disproportionate recovery time for such a little bone. Hope you can stay sane on the Turbo and will be out on the road soon.

Google 'avascular necrosis'....

by Cam B Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 pm
I plan to be out. Maybe we can do East route with that extra bit round Kirby Misperton we did a couple of weeks ago

by nigelt Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:28 pm
Bad luck Andy. It didn't seem like you'd hurt it too badly on the night, but at least you'll get it sorted. Enjoy the turbo. You'll be back before you know it.

by JohnS Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:53 pm
Just 4 for the training ride this morning. Cam, Liam, myself and a new guy (really sorry as I can't remember his name). Unfortunately, having just recently returned to cycling he was looking for a slightly slower ride than the Training Ride, but had missed the 8.45 ride. He set off with us but dropped off very early into the ride. Hopefully he'll be out next week for the 8.45 ride, and we haven't put him off for good.

We headed out on the West route on the basis that we should have a tailwind on the way back! It was certainly breezy and with just 3 of us it was tough across to Thorner. We kept the pace high and sighted the 8.45 group at Sherburn. We nearly caught them just after, but we turned right to do the compulsory circuit of Bishopwood.

Cam and I pushed on and did a credible impression of a 2-up TT with a wind assisted 28 mph (over 30 at one point) run back to York.

Just over 60 miles at over 21 mph (door to door) was a good workout and we certainly got the best weather of the day.

Thanks for your company guys.

Best regards

John
by timj Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:55 pm
Sorry to hear that Andy and a belated one for RichT YOUNG ONES HEAL QUICK :lol: :D

by AndyM Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 pm
Thanks for the kind words chaps!