Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by AndyM Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:31 am
Morning all,

As many will already know, on the 21st of July this year the National Crit Champs are coming to town!

Clifton CC are playing a part in organising this big event and so this is where you come in! We'll be needing some marshals to help out on the day - for the moment I'm hoping for 12 willing volunteers. We'll need people to watch for the oncoming race and blow whistles to notify stewards to close the crossing points, and there might be a need for one or two extra helping hands in HQ too.

The event will feature a couple of support races (a youth race and a 3/4 cat race) under the York Cycling City Races banner, before the headline events of both the Women's and Men's National Circuit Race Championships.

Needless to say, marshaling is a great way for you to get involved and get up close to the action, with the best view in the city, and cheer on all the Clifton CC riders taking part in the 3/4 race, along with some big names in the Elite races.

With racing starting at 1pm and running right through to 6:45pm, this will be a great afternoon out for all the family, and a fantastic day for York cycling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone! :)

Please form an orderly queue... :lol:

by AndyM Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 pm
So far I have a grand total of.... 1 volunteer! :shock:

Come on guys and girls, please help out! If you can just do part of the afternoon then that's great too, every little helps :)

Thank you!

by IanH Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 pm
I have helped out each year on this event and it is a great way of getting very close to some great racing especially this year so I can really recommend helping out.

Unfortunately I am away and unable to volunteer this year so like Andy says come on guys offer to help him out I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Ian H.

Are we there yet

by GrahamMartin Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:32 am
I can volunteer from about 12noon to the end of the races, but will need to make a fast exit. Something about promising to help a friend host a party for some bike race happening some other place...

(On a more serious note: how did we end up organising this on the 3rd Sunday in June? Was it BC who made that decision?)

by PhilBixby Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 am
BC and especially City of York Council are very keen to make links to the upcoming Grand Depart 2014 and saw the opportunity to get big screens set up in the city centre to televise the end of this year's Tour. The novel evening finish in Paris means once the racing is finished in York it's party time - it should be a really good day.

by AndyM Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:33 am
Thanks Ian - cheque's in the post ;)

Thanks Graham, that's two helpers now! :D

As I said in the post above, if anyone can only help for one or two of the races then that's great too - all help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers