Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by paulM Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:02 pm
As John has mentioned a top quality break pulled away on only the second lap which kind of took the wind out of everyone sails including all the other decent 2nd cats left in the bunch!. I was a bit glum from there on kind of wondering what other things I could be doing....... But I was feeling ok just could've done with a bit more motivation. Showed my face just off the front very briefly on the last lap but the break already had over 3 mins. Would've been good if a couple could have come across to me but instead the whole bunch came with them. I've got away in races like this before - just pedal away off the front and hope no ones noticed - but not today! But this is one of those circuits I've never seen a sniff of a result in 25 years I dont really know why?
But its a race with plenty of plus points - a stress free drive out and a good spread after being up there, good roads and riders I know well and trust not to do something stupid! good ride by my fellow clubmates who were up there all race and congrats to Cam - there werent many places left to race for to scrape a result like that. My best is yet to come(I hope)!

by Cam B Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:45 am
I didn’t know you got hurt on Thursday Andy….Shame you didn’t ride yesterday because I think you would have done well…. It was hard going early in the race until the break got away - attack after attack until something stuck. A sobering reminder of the differing level of abilities in some of these races compared to the 3rd/4ths races. You really have to have the ability to move at “warp speed”, barely recover then go again… and again and again... Either that or have the knack of knowing when the move finally goes…As Paul said a good circuit with a bit of everything. After the race winning break got away a small group did manage to gain a bit of ground when things split on a sharp little climb. Kicking myself that I was not alive to that and was more than happy to contribute to the chase to bring it back. The bunch were in miserly mood for the rest of the race and no-one was allowed to get away after that. I opted to conserve my energies for the sprint. A long draggy run to the finish made it very chaotic and I had to do a fair amount of ducking and weaving to get 7th in the gallop. I actually thought there were more riders up the road than just the 8 so was pleased to come away with a point in the end. Had a lovely slice of fruitcake back at HQ as well :)

by AndyM Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am
Well done chaps, and top ride to get in the points Cam! :)