Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 am
My Saturday training arrangements this week comprise a pootle with my daughter, so would someone else like to choose a route / generally make sure it looks organised in the Square? Ta!

by mart66 Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:53 pm
Anyone fancy the west route taking in the Saxton circuit?

I don't really know the route but if anyone else does...

Martin

by Cam B Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:15 pm
Sounds fine Martin...I plan to be out

by nigelt Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:50 pm
Should be out. West sounds good. Saxton and Bishopwood loops? Go on...

by PhilBixby Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:32 pm
The all-seeing Kevin has clocked that it's the Bramham Three Day Event this weekend and you may hit heavy traffic on the western route where it goes through Bramham/Thorner. May be worth reconsidering.

by JacobBrown Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm
i also plan to be out, for the 2nd ever time...
happy to go wherever so long as someone can point me roughly back to exhibition sq at the end so i can find my way home.
cheers.

by Sharpy Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:58 pm
I vote another route they have also just stone chipped the road fromCawood to Stillingfleet, and bramham will be mental busy. Looking to be out myself happy with any of the other routes.

by JacobBrown Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:10 pm
anyone know the NYERRL course for thursday outside malton? Maybe worth a gander?
There's a course on Strava but don't know if it's going to be the same one, also don't know the patch it's on...

http://app.strava.com/segments/1424505

Who's racing on the 13th? Big Clifton presence at round 2.

by mart66 Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:00 am
That's the circuit, Jacob. A bit lumpier than last week. Quite a good course but littered with potholes unfortunately.

Bit too far away for the training ride I think. We could do Malton again though.

Any thoughts?

by Jon G Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:19 am
Sharpy wrote:stone chipped the road fromCawood to Stillingfleet

You are joking!!! :evil: that wasn't done last weekend so it will be lovely and gravelly as it fresh :evil:

That lovely smooth Tarmac just a distance memory
:)

by nigelt Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 am
I'm up for Malton again Martin. Looks like its that or the North route which wasn't a popular suggestion last week. Malton is hard work but definitely good for the legs... See you in the square

by JacobBrown Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 am
Malton route sounds good. I'll probably splinter off at the end to bike home though. :)

by paulM Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:18 am
I think I maybe out tomorrow. Malton sounds ok but lets face it even with a lap of the "10" circuit, it is still quite short. You could quite easily tag a bit on and do most of the Malton road race circuit. Instead of the sharp left after the crossing in Malton, just carry on into the town centre, right at the lights and out throuigh old Malton over the A64. First left past Eden camp. Nice quiet stetch of road this and eventually you come to a T jnc where right for Kirby Misperton,. Then on the way back just carry on to Amotherby and pick up the training circuit again. Just means a harder climb out of Amotherby but not as long as the drag we normally go up on the Coneysthorpe road? Could always skip the 10 circuit at the end if its all too much!

by mart66 Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:06 am
Sounds good to me.

by RichT Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:22 pm
Wish I could be out on tomorrow's training ride but unfortunately I fell off my MTB bank holiday weekend and broke a few ribs.......hopefully will be back in the saddle in a few weeks!

Rich