Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Antlazarus Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:27 pm
Firstly, thanks to Rich and all the other volunteers for a well organised race.

Although I enjoyed racing last night, I felt a bit disappointed not to be able to contest the sprint. The bunch was really tight and with miles to go was spread across the whole of the road. I felt like I had a reasonable amount left in the tank but just couldn't see a way past the riders in front without taking a risk.

As Tim says, its hard to get tactics right - Having found myself at the front for the last mile or so at Kirby Misperton until the sprint, I decided to sit in a bit more. Perhaps I should be searching for somewhere in between.

Unless we get ourselves organised as a club and try to break together? I think there are a number of riders strong enough.

Nevertheless, good event and congrats to John. Point(s)!

by Cyan Skymoos Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:45 pm
The gaps always open up in the last few hundred yards..you've just got to hold your nerve. Don't waste loads of energy trying to stay near the front from miles out, it isn't necessary in 3/4 racing.

by DamianE Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:48 pm
Good ride Tim, probably needed another 2 riders and 30 more seconds and might've stayed away. The bunch can go ever so quick with a tailwind and really eat up a gap.
The crash on the last bends was right in front of me and even though they hit me I stayed up. A little prayer was said. Got swamped and don't have the nerve for the finish to be pushing through gaps. Not far behind John freewheeling in the shelter of the wind.
Next one @ Brandsby has our - sorry, your ;-) name all over it.
Make it so.

by Antlazarus Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:56 pm
Can anyone describe the Brandsby route? Does it finish on Yearsley Bank?

Thanks

by Paul W Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:27 pm
i was spectating at Brandsby last year and im sure the finish was up the drag past the village hall

by menticknap Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:22 pm
Yep. It's a killer.