Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:32 pm
Three weeks to go and it's looking like this for the BC race in the afternoon.

2 people to do signing-on. Dave C, Graham Martin

Catering – as above, Cath has already kindly volunteered to do this but we need at least one other to help Lisa

4 people (with cars, and BC membership for insurance purposes) to do lead/following cars Melly, Nigel, Broomwagon, John S

4 people to marshal Paul W, Richard D, Graham Martin

Plus, if possible, a few bodies at the finish line to help with filming/judgi
ng.

Melly, Broomwagon and John S.... if you could send me a PM with your full name, date of birth, car make and model, car registration and BC membership number please.

Graham...I have put you down for a couple of jobs since I know you are keen to learn more about RR organising...Hope that's ok :wink:

We need one more marshall plus a couple of people to help with judging...then we're all set....cheers :D

by Dr Dave Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:38 pm
Should be able to help. Let me know how best to be of use

by Melly Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:39 pm
Cam pm sent

by PhilBixby Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm
...and for the morning vets race we have (newly-edited version):-

Setting up and course signs - Melly, Phil B

Signing-on - Mel B

6 people to do lead / following cars:- Melly, Gavin, Muzzy, Cam B, Damian E... plus one required

4 people to marshal - Martin S, David Kirk, Andy Johnno... plus one required

Finish line to help with filming/judging - Mel B

So:- we need one more driver and one more marshal, and then we're set. I've had a couple of possible offers but need to firm things up ASAP to avoid further grey hairs. Cam, I'll deal with finish line / camera for the BC race.
Last edited by PhilBixby on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

by AndyM Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:27 pm
Stick my name down for a marshaling or lead/follow car driving in the morning, Phil. I don't know if there are any age restrictions for driving in LVRC races, but I'm not 21 yet if that's a problem.

by Cam B Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm
I can drive or marshall in the vets race Phil

by DamianE Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:08 pm
Phil, I can drive for the Vets race. Hope to be racing the BC in the afternoon.

by Cam B Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:17 am
For the BC race starting at 1.30pm it’s looking like this now:

2 people to do signing-on - Dave C, Graham Martin

Catering – Cath & Lisa

4 people (with cars, and BC membership for insurance purposes) to do lead/following cars – Melly (lead car), Nigel (2nd car), John S (3rd car), Broomwagon (ahem....Broomwagon)…..BTW Steve (aka Broomwagon) could you send me a PM with your full name, date of birth, car make and model, car registration and BC membership number? Thanks

4 people to marshal - Paul W (Junction 1), Richard D (Junction 2), Graham Martin (Junction 3), Dave Kirk (Junction 4). One of Rich Houghton’s Traffic Management Team will meet each of you at your allocated junction at 1.00 – 1.15pm. They will ‘brief’ you at that point. I will bring a map with me on the day but if you would like me to email you a map of the circuit (which shows you were the junctions are) send me a PM with your email address. If you could arrive in good time at HQ to collect your Marshall bibs.

Finish line to help with filming/judging - Phil Bixby, Tomf, Dr Dave

So… we are sorted :D

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered :D

by Cam B Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:04 am
Phil

Dave Kirk is marshalling am and pm. He is on Junction 4 in the afternoon (Moor La and Boroughbridge Rd junction). Could you put him there in the morning as well? You might want to pitch a tent Dave? :wink: Cheers
Last edited by Cam B on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by PhilBixby Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 pm
Willdo. If we get someone to ferry out refreshments at lunchtime he can pretty much dig in and declare a people's (or person's) republic :)

Just one more marshal required now. Come on folks, you know you want to!
Last edited by PhilBixby on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Broom Wagon Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:51 pm
Cam - PM'd

by Andy J Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 pm
Hi Phil,

I can marshall in the morning for you, just let us know when and where.

Andy Johnson
by JacobBrown Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:54 pm
Hi,
any details of the course anywhere? Would be good to know so i can check it out before the race itself :)
cheers,
jacob

by Cam B Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:44 pm
Hi Jacob

I'll be sending a start sheet out soon but if you send me a PM with your email address I will send you a map of the circuit

by JacobBrown Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:57 pm
Pm sent