Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu May 09, 2013 4:58 pm
30th June (Sunday) - Clifton Vets Race and Clifton RR – Milby circuit
To summarise arrangements: - Two events on the same day - a Veterans Race in the morning (10am start) and a BC 2nds/3rds/4ths race in the afternoon (1:30 start).

Race Organiser for Vets’ Race is Phil Bixby
Race Organiser for BC Race is me

HQ is at Aldborough Village Hall, Low Road, Aldborough, York, YO51 9ER

For the morning vets race we will need:-
2 people to do setting up, signing-on, getting course signs out etc.
Catering - Cath has already kindly volunteered to do this but we need at least one other to help
6 people (with cars) to do lead/following cars
4 people to marshal
Plus, if possible, a few bodies at the finish line to help with filming/judging.

For the afternoon BC race we'll need:-
2 people to do signing-on.
Catering – as above, Cath has already kindly volunteered to do this but we need at least one other to help
4 people (with cars, and BC membership for insurance purposes) to do lead/following cars
4 people to marshal
Plus, if possible, a few bodies at the finish line to help with filming/judging.

Please post here if you can help out :)

by Melly Thu May 09, 2013 5:35 pm
Cam I drove lead car on both races last year and will offer my services again, I also helped Phil in the morning putting up the signs and can do this again if required.

by GrahamMartin Thu May 09, 2013 8:34 pm
Just need to confirm my availability, but I'd love to help. May need a lift out on the morning, but would happily marshall or help judge/film on the line. I'm very keen to learn race organising too, if there's anything I should be learning. If you don't hear from me, poke me.

by nigelt Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 pm
Racing with the oldies in the am. Happy to do whatever in the Pm. I'm a BC member and drove last year. Happy to do so again.

by Cam B Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm
Thanks to those who have volunteered their services so far (Alison, Melly and Nigel) :D . With just over a month to go there are still plenty of jobs available so if you are thinking of putting your hand up please do so soon. As far as the BC race in the afternoon is concerned there is a healthy interest from riders so far with 50 plus entries already. It was certainly an exciting race last year. Needless to say we can’t put these races on without volunteers.

Many thanks

by PhilBixby Fri May 24, 2013 4:43 pm
Update on the morning vets race - heading very rapidly towards a full field across the three races (40-49, 50-59, 60+) with ages spread between 40 and 78(!). We need helpers and, particularly, drivers. I guarantee that, like last year, it'll be sunny and you'll go home with a magnificent tan, not to mention your expectations of your later years revised upwards.

Still plenty of opportunity to enter one race and help at the other, either way round.

by mart66 Fri May 24, 2013 7:51 pm
I've entered the BC race in the afternoon.

I'm willing to help out with the first race. My preference would be to get there early and put the signs out, set up,etc. This might give me the chance to go back home for a couple of hours.

If that job's been taken I should be able to marshall.

Cheers

Martin

by RichardD Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 pm
I plan to race in the morning (still need to put in an entry Phil. Please reserve a place!) and happy to help out in the afternoon Cam.
Lisa is willing to assist Cath in the kitchen again this year for both races.

by GavinW Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm
Cam, I will be riding in the BC race so can help out in the vet's race.

by Paul W Wed May 29, 2013 4:11 pm
I've now got a lvrc license.so would like to enter the morning race if someone would like totell me how to go about entering etc as its my 1st event.
So il ba available to help in the afternoon if required.

by PhilBixby Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 pm
"if someone would like to tell me how to go about entering"...

PM sent

by JohnS Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 pm
Phil,

If you can put me down for the Vets race as well that would be great. I can let you have my entry tomorrow night if that works.

Cam,

Happy to help out in the afternoon. BC licence so can drive if that helps.

Best regards

John

by Broom Wagon Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 pm
Phil, Cam

I'd like to do the vets race too, I will get my entry in this weekend (I hope it's not too late). I'll be available to help on whatever job is required for the afternoon. I will have a car and BC licence if required. For some reason I often end up doing the Broomwagon (I can't think why that is), but will do whatever is required.

by paulM Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:08 pm
I've entered the BC race so could help at the vets race such as driving like last year. I'm there for the duration anyway as Cath is doing the catering.

by dave c Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:50 pm
Hi Cam

I can help at the BC race in pm, doing LVRC in am.

Dave