Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 pm
Raced at Dishforth Airfield yesterday. Arrived in plenty of time to warm up and set of merrily out of the airfield to get a few miles in to loosen up. But found myself hopelessly underdressed as I got caught in a shower and by the time I got back to the car was cold and wet… so another botched warm-up! Will have to sort that out… Then faffed about for ages deciding on what to wear…. Joined by Melly in the 4th cat race. Field of about 45 or so. It being an airfield and all that it was a touch windy. Managed to get in the front group. In the sprint got 8th. 15 min later I lined up in the 3th/4th race. So no excuses about not being warmed up this time. Scheduled to be 45 mins long with each lap being 3.5 miles. The obvious question was “How many laps?” The answer from the Organiser was was nice and vague…something along the lines of “5…or 6….We’ll see how it goes”. Joined by Richard for this race who had valiantly ridden out from York after car trouble. Didn’t place this time. Bit leggy after first race and stayed in the wheels as best as I could in what was left of the bunch. Like the first race, wind had played havoc with the field and it had split up a fair bit. With 7 riders up the road we were only scrapping for minor places and in the end I wasn’t really in the mix. Still came away with another couple of points (from first race) and an enjoyable afternoon :)