Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:13 am
I've noticed a few of you are down to do this race.

It's on the Sharlston circuit, and if you've never done it before I suggest you get down in plenty of time to have a good look at it. There is a section of road just before Streethouse where you cannot avoid hitting a pothole. It's just a case of finding a line where you hit the ones least likely to wreck your wheels. It's also a fast approach to a sharp right hander and a twisty section coming into Snydale...have a look at it.

I think it will be fine in a LVRC race, but it was all a bit squeaky bum in the 60 man BC race I did last year, with a couple of wobbly 3rd cats hitting the deck.

See you there

by PhilBixby Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:24 pm
I've ridden it during the BC evening races and know exactly where you mean - I've been straight into a very big pothole there. Certainly worth checking, and thanks for the warning.

by Cyan Skymoos Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:01 am
Well it's been cancelled, so I can stop worrying about which wheels and tubs to use.

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:09 am
Cancelled due to roadworks on the circuit - can only hope they're at the bottom of that hill...

by Cyan Skymoos Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:30 pm
I doubt it Phil, the last time that stretch of road was smooth we probably both had a full head of hair. I think the potholes have a preservation order on them now.