Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 pm
Just a reminder that the Clifton Chaingang started tonite... 6.15pm sharp on Tuesdays from Whetherby r'bout... where the B1224 meets the ring road. Nick B tells me that he turned up tonite and - unusually - no-one else showed! I couldn't make it tonite but plan to be out most weeks from now on. As many people know it's a well established route (Tockwith-Cowthorpe-Little Ribston-Deighton and back home) comprising 15 miles steady and then 15 miles thru and off. No need to post anything here... just turn up :D

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 pm
Our man Kevin was out'n'about around the chaingang route yesterday and passed on the following observations for the benefit of those riding the route tomorrow night:-

-Suspected fuel all over the road in Tockwith eastbound side from the corner to the junction near the pubs
-Two big gouge potholes on the approach to North Deighton (Brooky bridge and the rise into the village) bang on the line for the outside row of riders.

Mind how you go!

by Samuelgm Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 pm
Hey guys, I have a barrage of questions so be warned :P
- Is this where the ride leaves form? http://tinyurl.com/bwuof43
- Does this ride run on a Thursday?
- If not, has the Cycleworks chaingang started on Thursdays yet?

Thanks!

Sam

by Cam B Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 pm
Samuelgm wrote:Hey guys, I have a barrage of questions so be warned :P
- Is this where the ride leaves form? http://tinyurl.com/bwuof43
- Does this ride run on a Thursday?
- If not, has the Cycleworks chaingang started on Thursdays yet?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Sam

Re: your map..ride leaves from the other side of the ring road - 100 metres up on the left on the B1224.

Ride does not run on Thursdays.

Cycleworks Thursday chaingang has started. I was actually on it last week. It normally starts at 6.00pm outside the shop. However, there was talk of changing one or two things i.e. different starting point/splitting into 2 groups. Chris said that he would post something here.