Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:43 pm
On Saturday I'll be applying Deep Heat to my legs in anticipation of the Seacroft Wheelers big freeze, so can someone else please take a lead and decide what this week's training ride will be? :D

by AndyM Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 pm
Does anyone fancy going west over to Thorner? Been so long since I've been that way on a training ride.

Think there's a fair few that will have their legs up in anticipation for Sunday - anyone going to join me?

Good luck to all those racing :) Hopefully the weather will be a bit more kind this weekend.

by liam552 Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:32 pm
I'll be out after missing the last 2 weeks with the flu.

by chester56 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:35 pm
I'll be there Andy...looking for a good, hard sesssion on the run back, weather permitting

Andy

by JohnS Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Sorry guys won't be able to join you this Saturday. Have a good one!

Good luck to everyone riding the Seacroft event on Sunday.

Best regards

John

by Antlazarus Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:51 pm
I'll be there. I'm up for heading out Thorner way, although have no idea of the route...

by AndyM Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:02 pm
So there were 7 in The Square at 9am for the morning's fun and games. As advertised, we headed west towards Tadcaster, Thorner, Sherburn etc. A good strong group, working together neatly.

Group stayed together, for the most part, up until the far side of Thorner where 7 became 6 as we crested the climbs and turned to face the headwind. Once we got organised the far side of Aberford, we rode a good tidy through and off back to York, warming up the Bishopwood circuit along the way, ready for those racing tomorrow.

Great ride by Liam, Mr Antlazarus and Andy. Anthony was riding very well and I think crested every hill first - well, all with the exception of the couple that Andy went sprinting up with Liam close on his tail!

Was lovely to be out in some sunshine!! I even read 6 degrees on my Garmin at one point - can you believe it?!

Good ride - cheers folks! See ya next week :D

by Antlazarus Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:11 pm
Good ride today and thank to Andy for leading the route.

Although the 'hill cresting' took its toll on my energy levels and I dropped off with about 7 miles to go. From the above it seems like I managed to disguise it with, 'I'm going to make my own way home...'

I've ridden the Thorner circuit twice and both times I've made a trip to the Naburn (?) marina for a coke. :oops: Should really have learnt to eat more breakfast by now. But it didn't spoil what was a good ride in the sun.

by chester56 Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:21 pm
A very good ride today with a good pace to start and increasing throughout, well led by Andy M, who rode with consummate ease throughout - some excellent cameos from Anthony who went through and off and up some hills with great elegance - three of us left 'blowing through our ears' at Naburn and back home along with Andy, looking like he did at the start. Thanks to all - well done