Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 am
Errrmmmm...

...I'm slightly lost for words on this one - it's nearly April, Seacroft Wheelers is a week away, and the forecasts from Met Office and Metcheck vary only in whether it'll "feel like" minus five or minus seven. Both agree it'll be snowing and actual temperatures won't be above freezing.

Let's keep tabs on it as Saturday draws nearer but my current feeling is not to organise anything specific but simply suggest using this thread as a place to post about any opportunities to get out as a group over the weekend if weather allows. Andy's experience at the Fleche last weekend shows how quickly it can go downhill, and there should be big question marks over the value of anything too vigorous in temperatures below zero.

So... ...watch (and use) this space....

by PhilBixby Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:30 pm
Well, Friday night and still no snow but forecast is still for "feels like" minus seven with overnight snow and gusts up to 40mph from the east. I'll be setting the turbo up ready for the morning - if anyone really, really wants to get Out There, post on here. To quote from the movie:- good night, and good luck!

by mart66 Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:12 am
Your fears were realised Phil. Good luck anyone going out in this.

Supposed to be racing tomorrow! I think it'll be cancelled but you never know.

Martin