Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mr jenko Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:12 pm
[/b]Hello, being new to cycling and the club( came on a couple of K rides about 18 months ago when I started cycling). But mostly riding solo and midweek 2/3 hrs not regular enough,I joined the club hoping to get myself out more,group riding and the benifits from a bit of company.Reading a few threads on the discussion board,I fancied the K ride on Sat on one of my few weekends off, but read a couple of comments reguarding" Mudguards" and not having the luxury of a winter bike YET, and no mudguards on my only bike,and a mixed weather forecast,I decided not to turn up :( instead going down the bike shop and purchased a set of roadracer2s (they were a pain to fit ).Just read weekend roundup should'nt have bothered as it turned out weather wise,missed out on what sounded like a good day out that would have suited my ability.Is there any do's and don'ts reguarding mudguards?Hopefully get next weekend :D Cheers Brian. [/b]

by G. Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm
Hi Brian,
There are no hard and fast rules or anything like that, it's just that if you're on a club run in the rain with no guards, the person behind you may get a little grumpy!

by PhilBixby Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm
Howdo Brian

You've posted this in the "Racing & Training" forum so I'll respond re the training rides; it's near enough to the season start that many people are on summer bikes, so you're not likely to get grumbled at. We're all about to get covered in crap in a race soon, so it makes little difference. The K rides, Sunday rides (and indeed the training rides in October) and you may get a different response!