Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by caja27 Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:27 pm
As much as the long cafe rides are lovely, for those of us who just can't spare all day out on the bike every Saturday but would like the benefit of riding with some others what are our options these days - apart from a royal kicking on the 0900 training ride?

There used to be a really popular new chain gang group that went out early enough to be done by mid day. They used to leave just before the training group as i recall at 0850, but I can't find any info on here about that?

Spanx folks!!

by Fiona Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 pm
The 08:50 steady 3hr ride seemed to die a death after 2 or 3 weeks, shame as it seemed to be popular.
If its race training you're after, then the 3hr training ride that Phil mentioned serves that purpose. The pace is steady'ish from Sept to Jan but it has got pretty feisty now!

I go out and see how long i can hang on for before peeling off (getting dropped more like) and head for home. Although i appreciate that this isn't everyones idea of fun, it is good race training - but perhaps not ideal if you're just getting over an injury.

by Jess Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm
Hi Carol.
I agree with what Fi said, the 08.50 ride doesn't seem to happen, but the training ride does split into brisk and, er, slightly brisker' :-). If you sit in with the 'brisk' group and stick with it as long as possible, I reckon that's the best option. There are often short cuts home if you are really feeling it, and often there are one or two stragglers (usually me) towards the end, so you can share a bit of the work even if you drop off. Be good to see you there.

I'm not there this week as I'm going to head to croft for the coaching/race (have you seen that?) but usually Fi or/and I the most weeks.

Failing that maybe you could rally for another group, Saturday or Sunday? I am sure you would have a few takers and maybe could establish the 08.50 again? :-)

by caja27 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 am
Thanks girlies, ill give the Sat am training ride a go, see if I can last ten minutes but will probably set something up along the same lines for a sundry morning, but a lesser pace so that folk can try to stay on for all the ride...Pass the word, lets see what interest we can chivvy up. There must be as you say those who started intel easi chainy group looking for something again?

No croft for me sadly, injury has left me out of shape over the winter, good luck Jess!

by G. Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 am
Carol, it may be worth posting this on the thread that Paul's just started up on the General & Road Discussion board?

by caja27 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 am
Ok how do I find it, can't see it? What's the subheading please?

by G. Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 am
Ah sorry, I mean Tullio.

It's "Ride Organisation" and is currently the second thread on the board, under the info thread.

by caja27 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:50 am
I found it, thanks. Posted! ;)