Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm
Sadly(?) the forecast warmer/wetter weather isn't expected to arrive until Sunday, so Saturday is still flagged as being around one or two degrees and with snow the previous night. I'd suggest the northerly route - if it's better than expected we'll do the full route via Easingwold / Brandsby; if it's dodgy we'll do the straight up / straight down version and if it absolutely hurls it down we'll take a look in on here first thing in the morning and decide what's most sane.

by Cyan Skymoos Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm
I've just done the West route today and all the roads are fine. 80/85psi in 25mm pro3's and not a twitch all day. The only slightly dodgy bit was Milner Lane hill into Thorner, but you could stay on the road past Bramhan Park instead and drop into Thorner that way.... It might snow before saturday of course but just saying.

by PhilBixby Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm
Westerly route for the following week then - assuming it doesn't flood again meantime :wink:

by Broom Wagon Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 pm
I'll not be out, weather and work have played havoc with my bike riding the last fortnight. I'll probably have a pootle on my own for an hour or two and then turn up for the Sunday club run and let them ride my legs off me for a change.

by AndyT Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm
I'll be out weather dependent.
by liam552 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm
I'll be out as long as the weather doesn't get really bad, Liam

by PhilBixby Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm
Well... ...looking out of the window and looking at the Met Office website it could very definitely go either way; the rain radar website shows us being in a lull in hostilities at the moment but ****loads more heavy stuff due during the next six hours or so. I think it's going to have to be up to peoples common sense and judgement tomorrow - I don't guarantee to be out, but if it looks safe then a 9am gathering as usual, safe no-fills route suggested, and if it's really horrible then do the sensible thing - Sunday looks likely to be the better of the two days.

by Dan Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 am
Good luck with the training ride. Just got in and all the main roads are white over with snow, luckily I was driving.

Can't see it melting before 9am.

by AndyT Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:02 am
Thoughts anyone?

by Sharpy Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 am
If the main roads are covered its a turbo day...
by liam552 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 am
Roads are too bad for me out Strensall way.

by mart66 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:19 am
My road is pretty much the start of this route and I can confirm that it's an absolute mess. Covered in slush.

I'm off out tomorrow instead I think.

Martin

by PhilBixby Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 am
Turbo!

Will be shuffling my schedule around to get out there on Monday. Mind how you go, everyone.

by AndyM Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 pm
Will be heading out tomorrow around 12 noon if anyone wants to join. Plan to do the Boroughbridge route with the extra loop over to Brandsby at a quick but not silly pace. If anyone's interested please post up here :)

by mart66 Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:07 pm
I got out at 8 and headed down the Wetherby Rd. The headwind was phenomenal! At one point I was grinding out 9mph on the flat.

Coming back was a pretty swift affair though.

Looks like we should be ok for next week.

Martin