Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm
I've been contacted by Graham Titchener of iTravel York asking (and I quote):-

"Just been speaking with our comms team who are working up a reception for the TdF owners and Welcome to Yorkshire on Friday. They have asked if we can get a number of professional looking cyclists there with their bikes and their gear. Ideally wearing black and yellow if you have it but no worries if not. There is still an air of confidentiality around this but as the TdF has been announced it is coming to Yorkshire this is just another party to for that you can say. So outside the Mansion house for just before 2:45 on Friday would be great."

I've pointed out to Graham that (i) it's a working day and (ii) anyone who is free may be powdering their noses for the club dinner and (iii) it's absolutely b****y freezing out there. However, if anyone's able to turn up, pop a quick posting on here and brush your teeth nice and shiny for the cameras.

Merci beaucoup

PS:- Above info is clearly confidential, so no blabbing about possible stage starts/finishes... :wink:

by mart66 Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm
And you must be 'professional looking'!

by nigelt Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:34 pm
Well, I'm not at work on Friday and planning to be out Friday am snow permitting, so could make this after the ride. Not wearing black and yellow though, don't want it to look like I'm supporting the doping american's foundation! Would be happy to pitch up in my finest Clifton garb though. However, need to know if anyone else is going, cos I ain't turning up on my own! Vive le Tour!

by nigelt Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 pm
Oh and I'll at least put my teeth in and suck my gut in. Will that be professional enough Phil? :D :D

by Melly Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 pm
Ill never look professional as long as ive got a hole in my ar/ear but will turn up Nigel if you and others want to promote the club, no yellow kit, no false yellow wristbands (god save the dolphins). Let me know

by nigelt Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:50 pm
That said of course, I have a Livestrong helmet! I'm spotting a sizeable flaw in my 'don't support the doper' plan :shock:

by Melly Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm
After crashing heavily last Thursday evening Nigel, you could well have overcome my gut reflex action and not wear one !!!

by nigelt Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 am
Sadly I now can't make this due to an unforeseen work issue :(

Have fun if you're still going Melly...

by AndyM Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:51 pm
Was a bit gutted I missed it - quite wanted to meet Monsieur Prudhomme. Did your fast wheels make an appearance, Phil, so you looked 'pro'? :D