Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Fiona Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm
Been um'ing and ah'ing about doing this, but now i've seen a few familiar names (Andy T & Paul W) are going then i might just be able to pluck up the courage...safety in numbers and all that :lol:

After reading Jess' post about her first race experience at Croft, i'm expecting it to be a big learning curve :shock: ...where's the scared smiley?

by Sharpy Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:54 pm
Looking forward to this and glad there will be some friendly faces down as well. Hoping the weather perks up between now and the 2nd Feb! Less than 2 weeks to go! :D

by AndyT Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm
The long range forecast appears to be optimistic!

Need to get my race wheels out of the garage!

by Sharpy Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 pm
Good stuff!

I am hoping to do both as well... survival is all I am after!! :lol:

by Paul W Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 pm
I'm probably more nervous than you Fiona.never done a race before.so maybe sit back in the 1st race to see what goes on.would be nice and calming if we could all meet up at the circuit and for the race regulars to help us 1st timers out

by Melly Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 pm
Having seen the forecast for the end of the week and knowing all too well what its like to spend time on airfields in winter, im going to give Croft a miss this weekend, but am definitely up for the week after (2nd Feb) and will gladly meet up with others and have a natter before
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=10day;sess=

by Melly Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 pm
Race bike rebuild finished after bare frame strip down last October :D cant wait to give it a blast again

by G. Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 am
I've said I'll race this Saturday, so I'm preparing to get slaughtered. Who else is going?

by Melly Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 pm
G. im not going this Saturday as the forecast for Croft circuit is heavy snow overnight, but definitely going the following week (2nd Feb) see you up there

by G. Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 am
I'm elsewhere on Feb 2nd, so maybe see you for round 3! Hopefully the snow will not lead to me getting literally slaughtered!

by Melly Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 pm
Change of plan here due to "Dad's taxi service clause being invoked" therefore I have a spare bike rack and seat if anyone else fancies a crack at racing at Croft this week 02/02/13.

by Sharpy Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:10 pm
Great fun this racing malarkey....

For me I knew it was going to be tough as I had developed a cold just in time for race day, with my asthma I always struggle quite badly with colds, but this was for the experience so went along anyway.

Tried to stick up the front, this worked well.... almost too well... I spent more time that I would have liked on the front but soon figured out that sitting up solves that problem as eventually the pack come past.

Made 2 moves to break free, one crossing the gap to a group of 4 that looked good only to have them all sit up as soon as I got there the second on the last lap, with my lungs half full of crap and burning from the cold I could not maintain the effort and popped sitting up and rolling in, still great fun!!

I will be doing more racing! :o)

by AndyT Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Well, that was fun Hectic, quick, and slightly too dangerous for a man with a mortgage!

I was going well until 2 laps till the end when I suffered the mother of all cramps in both calfs..this quickly ended my dreams of a top 10 finish.

Nevermind, it's all part of the racing experience. Reliability ride tomorrow, better start eating and drinking.

Andy[/u]