Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by menticknap Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm
I hope some of you will be interested in joining Malton Wheelers every Saturday afternoon in February at 2pm in Kirbymisperton for a fast training ride for an hour along the similar lines of Jims training rides in Hull.

Various groups of different abilities working together (not racing) and getting full advantage as a racing team.

Rules of the road must be adhered to, there will be no marshals and no numbers on your back. Ride sensibly! We are training, not racing!

All the very best, Matthew Enticknap

by chester56 Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:57 pm
Am interested. Can you kindly give specific detail Mathew

by menticknap Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 pm
chester56 wrote:Am interested. Can you kindly give specific detail Mathew

Thanks for your interest.

It all depends on how many riders turn up on the day.
I am hoping for 3 to 4 groups of under 10 riders who will be set off at 1 min intervals.
The "slower" riders will be set off first with the faster riders following.
Riders will be riding chaingang style with a group nominated leader to ensure that group as a whole is riding in a correct and safe manor, but still working to achieve a good workout.

It would be good if we get groups of riders from different clubs working together. Cycling is going through such a high at the moment, lets continue with this good feeling and get together!
We are aiming to pop into the pub at Kirbymisperton afterwards for an orange juice.

by chester56 Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:39 pm
Thanks matthew, please pm me with start date, time and start point , Andy

by menticknap Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm
chester56 wrote:Thanks matthew, please pm me with start date, time and start point , Andy

Dont need to PM you!

Kick off is a 2pm from Kirbymisperton. Its a really small place so you wont miss us. Get there a little earlier to sort groups out though.

See you soon, Matthew.

by chester56 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am
What date do you start?

by menticknap Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 pm
chester56 wrote:What date do you start?

First Sat in Feb. - 2nd feb.

by menticknap Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:56 pm
Our next training ride is on 9th Feb.
Be at the Start/finish line (on the back road heading into Kirbymisperton from the South) just before 2pm to sign on.