Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:20 am
As a special treat we have given Phil B a couple of weeks off. I plan to be out though. Looking at BBC website I gather that Buttercrumbe and Cawood Bridges are still out of action which rules out a couple of our normal routes. Therefore, I am going to suggest that we go North: Tockwith-B'bridge-Milby-Easingwold-Crayke-Huby-home. This will include everyone's favourite road ....don't get too excited... the A168!
As per usual we may look to split into more than one group if numbers are too big. We will be aiming to get the 'wheels turning' at 9.00am. See you then.

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 am
Hope to be out, got to start stretching the chain now. I'll be climbing off in Easingwold for coffee and toasted teacake, or it might be B'bridge if I'm swinging by then.

by Paul W Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm
Cam.I work near buttercrambe and it's been open and clear for the last few days.

by Cam B Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 pm
Paul W wrote:Cam.I work near buttercrambe and it's been open and clear for the last few days.

Great...thanks Paul...Lets go East then as we haven't done that for a while...It's got a few gentle lumps in to keep us from getting too bored...So that's Malton via the Buttercrambe road, Coneysthorpe, Terrington, then a loop of the Flat Ten circuit, then back to York.

Darren...sorry to mess about with your plans for "Elevenses"..You should be able to get a teacake in Malton if you need to :D

by Sharpy Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:45 pm
After being in sunny Spain for 2 weeks Fiona and I will be back out this weekend!

by nigelt Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:47 pm
Hope to be out :D

by mart66 Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:14 pm
Hopefully be out.

It's going to be a dry weekend for once apparently (that's weather-wise not the fact that I drank the last of my Duvels on NYE).

Martin

by Paul W Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 pm
As I live half way round the route.il ride to meet the steadier group and u turn and join.but any idea what time roughly the group will get to buttercrambe?

by Cam B Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 am
9.30ish

by mart66 Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm
Do you go over the bridges to get to and from work, PaulW?

The Press and Northern Echo websites have both bridges still being closed due to flooding.

by Sharpy Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:45 pm
Could almost.... possbily be..... Short weather!!! :o :shock:

by Paul W Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 pm
no i dont Mart.but ive been stopping on my way home to check what its like.

by Antlazarus Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:03 pm
I'll be out. I'm not wearing shorts. (I will be wearing bibs)
Anthony

by Broom Wagon Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:05 pm
The North route, excellent! It seems to suit me better than the others, plus I did 10 hours cycling over Christmas week and I think I've lost a kilo. I can't help the phrase 'do your worst' popping into my mind - and I'll see if I'm still there at the end.

What not going North, going East? Oh blimey....oh well, I'll ride out but when I drop off on the rises I don't want anyone to wait. I'll be quite happy having an easy ride on my own for an hour or two.......it's all miles in the legs.

by Paul W Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 pm
when the groups see a solo cyclist heading in opposite direction in a red top.(me).il be shouting out aking which group it is.so listen out please. il be looking for the steadier group to u turn and join