Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by timj Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm
Ill join u if i can make 850 am.If not dont wait.

by nigelt Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:28 pm
I'll be there for 8.50 Reuben. First of the winter so happy to have a steady one with you...

by Broom Wagon Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:40 pm
Thanks for the kind words Reuben.....so if it wasn't for me, you might not have come back for more? Might not have got fitter, faster, leaner, might not have learned to enjoy agony and suffering, freezing cold, muck & rain, not wasted your money on cycling stuff, not wasted time on your bike that could have been spent with your loved ones, might not have got into racing? Might not have crashed, had pain and injury and a stay in hospital?

You'll be blaming me when you've gone through two sets of knees like Chester56.

Right! If ever see someone struggling again, I'm going to bugger off and leave 'em :lol:

by reubenbarrett Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 pm
Just posting here about the ten-to-nine experiment on Saturday as it seems the right place.

From the posts on forum and chats with riders in our group, my thoughts on the ten-to-nine experiment are that it was a success for everyone. The faster group could decide to beast each other, which they clearly did on the A168! And the steadier group delivered 14 riders full circle as a group at a very decent pace. So I think mission accomplished!

There seems to be demand for the ten-to-nine group, so I propose it continues. The main issue I see is the ongoing organisation of it. We all owe a massive debt of gratitude to Phil for his excellent organisation of the training rides (never mind sorting races and countless other behind-the-scenes meetings etc). But there is only one Phil and he can't be in two places at once.

I am happy to help organise the ten-to-nine group for a while but I can't always do it thanks to small children and other commitments. And I will want to alternate between groups at different times over the next few months. So I think we will need some other volunteers as I suspect this ten-to-nine idea won't last unless there are a few to help. Would anyone be up for helping?

Any other thoughts about this?

by Cam B Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm
Happy to help with the ten-to-niners as and when. Like most people, don't consider myself to be an 'old hand' but I can't deny that I have a done a lot of these training rides in the last couple of years :shock:
Won't be down this Saturday though