Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by AndyM Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm
There was a suggestion of the Boroughbridge route this Saturday, with a lap of the Milby circuit. Forecast is showing 23 degree sunshine - any takers?

9am in the square as usual.

(Phil, I wasn't sure if you were making a return or not so sorry if I've mistakenly taken charge!)

by mart66 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm
I'll be out

by nigelt Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 pm
Not me. Not working for once but racing Sunday. Have a good one...

by PhilBixby Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:33 pm
Like Nigel, doing an old blokes race on Sunday so just a short leg-loosener and then (probably) a walk around the Cycling Festival in lycra just to scare the kids...

by AndyM Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 pm
Good luck with the racing guys!

by Dr Dave Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 pm
It's about 50:50 as to whether I'll be on the training ride this w/e - and most Saturday's for the next few months. Not sure if I'll be up to keeping up with the stronger riders once the pace cranks up but I guess I can sit in if needs be....

by Melly Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm
Would have really liked to attend this and meet a few more people, but racing at Dishforth again Sunday, so next time for me.

by Cam B Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:00 pm
I should be out but after enjoying my holiday a bit too much I am "carrying a bit of timber" so not in sparkling form, but the forecast looks good....so time to get back on the bike :D

by mart66 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm
A couple of weeks chasing Andy M up a few hills and you'll be back to racing weight, Cam.

Simon - I think we are going to do a lap of the circuit being used for the Army RR. Will be good prep.

Martin

by willhub Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm
I plan to be out.

by willhub Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:40 pm
Nice ride that, can tell I'm not used to longish quick miles, the last 14 miles was pretty awful, I had to eat the remaining 3 quarters malt load to get me home in one piece. Not to mention Thursday and Friday still in my legs I think I've battered myself today.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/220127881 91 miles door to door, I wanted to maintain the 21.6 mph avg all the way home but I had to just give in and accept my body was pretty much empty lol.

2-4 weeks without a bike now, might get to the gym but should be all fresh when I get back.

I'll add that loop we did to Strava later on too.

by mart66 Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:34 pm
Great ride today. Really enjoyed it.

Was on the limit for the through and off round the Milby circuit thanks to Will's pacesetting. The run into York was pretty tough going too due to a few attacks along the way!

Forgot how tough these rides can be.

Martin

by Dr Dave Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:40 pm
Enjoyed Training ride today but need to get some more speed miles into my legs if I'm going to keep up all the way round...