Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by bar90 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:02 am
Come on guys (and gals) you know you enjoy this course at Burton Fleming, it's time to get your entries in for:

Saturday 1st September at 2pm - course V415 Burton Fleming circuit near Filey.

This is NOT a club event and requires pre-entry 2 weeks prior on an official Cycling Time Trials entry form. See CTT website for form.

For those without a Cycling Time Trials handbook, entry fee is £8 to Mike Scott at 8 Fieldside, Scarborough, YO12 6BD.
Deadline for receiving entries: **Tuesday 21st August**

We want to keep these events going. We appreciate we will only get small fields of riders, but in 2013 this might become part of a sporting course series for Yorkshire Cycling Federation.

Many thanks in anticipation of your support. :D

by Cyan Skymoos Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 pm
This is the club 10 mile championship. I'm in :)

by MarkA Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:33 pm
Me too.

Absolutely no reason why we should not be looking for 20 Clifton riders in this event.

There is no friendlier event on the calendar and anyone who has either ridden one of our Spocos or is looking for way into Open events should look no further.

Last year we made an afternoon of it and whole family came out to support, including dog, and we all went to beach afterwards. Great atmosphere with everyone sat out on the grass in front of the hall.

Good tea and cakes too.

More seriously unless we support events like this they will disappear.

If anyone has any questions about course or how to enter feel free to drop me PM and will arrange to have chat.

Otherwise i suggest we just get on with it and make sure our entries are in on time.

I actually just sent in Internet Entry for first time, so no need even to be downloading forms etc!
by MarkL Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm
Oh go on, then, you persuaded me!

How easy is it to do online entry? Brilliant!!

Just make sure you all wave as you pass.