Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:16 pm
After many, many Saturdays of putting my feet up in preparation for Sunday races, this weekend's race-free so I'll (pretty certainly) be out. I've lost touch with which routes you've all been doing over the past few weeks, but as a first suggestion, how about going west (Bramham / Thorner / Cawood etc)?

by AndyM Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:30 pm
Sounds good to me, and the weather man even insists that it's going to be 20 degrees and sunny!! See you in the square on Saturday :)

by Cyan Skymoos Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 am
I'll be out, knee is good now, form not quite so good, so I might call it a draw at Sherburn if I'm still there?

by Tobzlerone Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 am
Jealous.... :P

by nigelt Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 am
Not me. I'm racing with old people at Limber on Sunday! Have a good ride.

Might see if there are any young women sorting licences / numbers and ask if they're on Twitter / facebook. Nothing creepy about that at all :shock:

by AndyT Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:39 am
Not for me, I'm doing the big G sportive from Beverley.

Enjoy

by chester56 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:47 pm
Now pinned from wrist, through two metacarpals to middle fingers on left hand - so Day 1 of my recovery starts on the Watt bike tommorow- have a safe ride and see you all soon

Andy

by Broom Wagon Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 pm
Oh what the heck - after the Three Bridges Audax, it will be nice to go on a nice easy training ride tomorrow, especially with no Toby to rip everyone's legs off and those owd slow coaches Darren and Phil along; it will be a doddle.....

Boy am I going to pay for that tomorrow.

PS is she on Facebook then........

by PhilBixby Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 pm
A good training ride this morning - sunshine and a light breeze, possibly the influence of Luis, visiting from Spain and joining us for the morning. A group of seven which worked well together; it all split up a wee bit on the lumpy bits around Thorner but with a couple of pauses in hostilities, everyone was still there as we rolled out of Cawood for the final run home (albeit due to some hard work - "You okay Luis?" "Fine. I couldn't be suffering more"). Eventually AndyM attacked on the rise after Cawood and he and Darren - knee theatrically taped up but clearly not suffering too much - set off on a swift two-up with Broomwagon, John, RichT and me trying (and failing) to keep them in sight.

Okay, the numbers:- 231W Normalised Power, 21.5mph for the out-of-town two-hours-odd, and a bit over 24.5mph for the whole of the final flat leg. Full marks to all concerned - nice neat riding, no dramas. Next:- Allez Wiggo!

by Broom Wagon Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Pretty good ride today, though 5 thoroughbred racers and one clapped out donkey (plus Luis) was never going to be a good combination. Though I'm quite happy as I had an expectation I'd get dropped on the first rise after Tadcaster. As it was I got dropped on the last rise but people kindly took the opportunity for the call of nature to let Luis and I get back on.

Thought I'd be ok back to York from then on and whilst Phil's either getting Cawood and Sherburn mixed up or being charitable I was dropped for the last time on the run into Cawood.

Still I'm quite happy, being able to tag along with people of that calibre for as long as I did and it will get me fit quicker than anything else I can think of.

Hopefully I'll be around for next week - (hope you don't do the Malton circuit).

by AndyM Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 pm
Good ride today, thanks guys :) Cracking weather too and enjoyed my two dabbles off the front with Darren (apologies for my misjudgment of the corner in Stillingfleet). After my trip home via Tadcaster I had 78 miles on the clock, average speed 19.9mph. Was nice to meet Luis as well; was very good of him to bring some sunshine from the continent.

Looking forward to a ride to Filey tomorrow for some chish and fips, and a sprint home in time to (hopefully) watch Cav win on the Champs Elysees! And chapeau to Mr Wiggins... brilliant ride this afternoon!

Andy
Last edited by AndyM on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Cyan Skymoos Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 pm
Good ride today, very tidy. I'd had enough by Cawood if I'm honest, but Andy decided he wanted to carry on giving me a hard time. Longest ride I've done for a while so I knew about when I went up the allotment this afternoon.

by AndyM Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:30 pm
Sorry, I got a bit carried away :P