Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by AndyM Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm
Shall we head west this week and do the Tadaster-Bramham-Thorner-Sherburn route? Maybe even throw in a lap of Bishopwood if people are feeling racey (is that even a word? :? ).

See in you in the square at 9 :D

by nigelt Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 pm
Should be out, the Bramham loop sounds good forecast's pants though...

by mart66 Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:27 am
Hi guys

I am aiming to be out but am dropping my wife off at the train station for 8:30. May be a bit late.

What's the route for the first few miles? I'll try and join you somewhere rather than come into town if it looks like I'm running late.

Martin

by AndyM Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 am
Hi Martin,

The first few miles are exactly the same as last weeks ride; out down Bishopthorpe Road, Bish, Appleton Roebuck, Bolton Percy, Tadcaster.

See you Saturday :)

by AndyM Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:37 pm
There were five in the square to do battle with the weather yesterday; Mr Broomwagon, Martin, Richard, Damian and myself. Not sure why, but I really enjoy a brisk paced ride in those conditions.

The rain cleared part way round actually, and just left damp roads and a strong wind to contend with through Tadcaster, Bramham and Thorner. The headwind somehow continued all the way to Bishopwood where we found a tailwind to take us through Cawood and back into York. I couldn't resist sprinting up Fulford bridge to finish the ride :)

65/70 miles door to door for me, and had scampi and chips in front of me within 20 mins of getting home.. good timing!

Need to get some races entered I think..

Thanks for the company guys, and I hope the racing has gone well this weekend!

Andy