Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sun May 27, 2012 8:28 pm
I've lifted this out of the general "helping out at events" thread since - with the upcoming Evening League RR hopefully near to being covered and with the city centre races and the Tockwith circuit series cancelled, it's the only big road race event which needs helpers, and I'd really appreciate any offers of time which people can give so I don't have a high-stress lead-in to it and end up too frazzled to enjoy what should be a fun day for all concerned.

To summarise:- due to a late-in-the-day refusal by West Yorks Police to approve the Thorner circuit we've had to shift the event to one where (thanks to the background work done getting the evening series put together) we knew we could get it approved. We're using the Milby circuit near Boroughbridge which featured in the now-defunct TLI Yorkshire League - it's less challenging than Thorner, but it had become pretty much a case of that or nothing. Race HQ will be Aldborough village hall - some of you will remember it from last year's Otley 25.

The other implication of the move is that we'll be working with Rich Houghton's traffic management crew. The good side to this is that we need fewer marshals and the junctions will be safer, the bad side is the cost and the effect this will have on the event finances - if anyone has contacts with anyone who could be interested in sponsoring any aspect of the event, then please let me know.

To recap overall arrangements:- Two events on the same day - a veterans race in the morning (10am kick-off) and a BC 2nds/3rds/4ths race in the afternoon (1:30 start).

I'm dealing with all advance stuff (entries, approvals, logistics, bookings).

For the morning vets race we will need:-
2 people to do setting up, signing-on, getting course signs out etc.
2 people to do catering (including getting supplies beforehand)
4 people (with cars) to do lead/following cars
5 people to marshal, working with the traffic management people
Plus, if possible, a few bodies at the finish line to help with filming/judging.

For the afternoon BC race we'll need:-
2 people to do signing-on.
2 people to do catering (including getting supplies beforehand)
4 people (with cars, and BC membership for insurance purposes) to do lead/following cars
5 people to marshal, working with the traffic management people
Plus, if possible, a few bodies at the finish line to help with filming/judging.

So far:- Dave I'A / Mike G (pm) / Cam (pm) / Rich D (pm) / Dave C (pm)

If you'd like to be involved, please either post on here, or PM me. As always, I'll do my best to ensure no-one's given a job they're not confident doing. Plus it's a great chance to see some quick riders (in the case of the vets race some quick and old riders) close up. And it would be great to get plenty of our riders battling for glory, so some new faces helping out would be really welcome.

by lugster77 Mon May 28, 2012 6:19 am
Hi Phil, I'll be able to help out this day. Anything apart from driving car as I'm not a bc member! Could probs manage all day, maybe best if I marshall or something as I'll most likely be bringing my dog so best be a bit out of the way haha

Regards
Andy

by tomf Mon May 28, 2012 11:07 am
I'm in - hope to race as vet and marshall the seniors!
cheers
tom

by Tobzlerone Mon May 28, 2012 4:28 pm
Other way round here.. Marshall the vets and race the seniors :)

by AndyM Mon May 28, 2012 7:50 pm
and another for marshal vets and race BC if that's possible please :)

by nigelt Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 pm
Sorry I'm working :( :(