Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm
An idea for the training ride on Saturday, aiming to combine the wish for a longer ride with a bit of useful higher speed work in preparation for the first evening RR on Bishopwood next week:-

How about we head out west as if doing the Bramham/Thorner route but cut it shorter by hanging a left off the Taddy/Bramham road, south to Aberford and then pick up the usual route to Bishopwood, where we can then regroup as necessary, do five fast laps, then back. Should add up to about three hours in all. 9am in the square.

by AndyT Wed May 09, 2012 6:34 pm
I'm going to make this my first training ride if that's ok?

Andy

by PhilBixby Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 pm
Excellent Andy - see you on Saturday!

by Tobzlerone Thu May 10, 2012 6:30 am
I should be there... wondering if all my lost memory will come flooding back!

is there a deadline for entering the race online?

by Cam B Thu May 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Tobzlerone wrote:I should be there... wondering if all my lost memory will come flooding back!

is there a deadline for entering the race online?

start sheet not been sent out yet Toby...Get your entry in :D

by mart66 Fri May 11, 2012 6:07 am
What time will you guys get to Bishopwood?

Racing on Sunday so don't think I'll do the full ride but might join you for a couple of laps.

Martin

by PhilBixby Fri May 11, 2012 7:31 am
My guess is we'll be there around 10:15-10:30...

by PhilBixby Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 pm
Given the blue skies, almost flat calm and benign temperatures it was a very puzzled group of about four of us sat in the square as 9am approached this morning. In the event the "just-in-time" arrivals and a couple who joined as we headed out of town boosted the group to ten and we had a brisk ride out to Tadcaster, then down the back-lane to Aberford ("didn't realise we were doing The Scotton"...) and onwards to a quick re-group at Bishopwood.

It seems old age brings with it innumeracy, so we ended up doing four laps rather than five, but with a pretty quick 23.5mph for the laps and an overall ride time of a bit over three hours, I reckon it was about spot on. Out-of-town ride as a whole was 21mph and 220W.

Entries are rolling in steadily for Thursday evening, so if you fancy a crack at it and haven't yet hit the "Enter" button, do it now***. And good luck to all those doing the Steve Rigby RR tomorrow - watch the potholes at the bottom of the village!

***Edit:- I've just had it pointed out that hitting the "Enter" button is no longer possible, due to the workings of the BC website. We still have places available though - if you want to Enter, PM me. There'll be entry on the night too at the same entry fee.

by AndyT Sun May 13, 2012 7:22 am
I had a great first training ride.

Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome.

Andy