Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by nigelt Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 pm
Anyone out this Sat? I know Phil's racing on Sun so won't be out and organising. What about everyone else? If anyone is, what route? I'm not too sure about the routes as i'm usually too focused on clinging onto the wheel in front to notice where we're going!

by AndyM Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:50 pm
I might be out, although it'll be a last minute decision. Does anyone fancy the Boroughbridge-Easingwold-Crayke route? The roads are bigger so there might be fewer puddles about too :)

by MikeG Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:24 am
I should be along. Still got a bit of work to do before my racing starts this year so I needs to get some miles in.

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:37 am
Well done that man, and well done that other man for the sensible route suggestion.

by tomf Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Checking weather, looks like fortune favours an early start tomorrow - I'll try to be there, hopefully on revived race bike.
tom

by GrahamMartin Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:21 pm
I shall attempt to be along, and hopefully you won't all be vanishing into the distance in under an hour like last time. That said, hayfever seems to be eating my lung capacity (is that a thing?).

by nigelt Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:06 pm
Despite the downpour at 8.15 this morning and grey skies there were 7 of us in the square this morning, all resplendent in winter clothing- there were even a couple of winter bikes out (mine included)- a bit of a shame after several weeks of dry roads and mild weather. A good steady run out to Walshford and then the obligatory through and off up the A168 to Boroughbridge- I swear that road keeps getting longer every time I ride it!

After a pit stop this side of Boroughbridge we lost a couple as Martin had to get home which left 5 of us for the rest of the route. More steady riding until after Crayke when the through and off started again (more off than through for me!) until Sutton where we became fragmented for the run back to York.

A good ride in spite of the blustery wind and constant threat of rain, with some good turns by all. 55 miles for me at just under 20mph, and we managed to get back before the real rain started!!

by nigelt Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 pm
Sorry- forgot to say- hope everything worked out okay Martin...

by MikeG Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:55 pm
Thanks for the ride everyone, just what was needed this morning with some good brisk riding to ward off the chill and occasional damp bits. Hope you got back quickly Martin.

by mart66 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:15 pm
Thanks for your concern guys.

Glad to say everything is ok.

Thanks a million to Nick for the lift. Not only did I cut his ride short but I probably ruined his Saturday plans too. Anyway, definitely owe him a drink or two!
Martin