Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Chris Clark Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:44 pm
Oh, and the TT bike was young Graves out practising, he went home after Warthill.

by Cyan Skymoos Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 am
Don't be surprised to see some Clifton up there at the end Chris, Cycleworks don't have all the strong riders in York.

I'm all for a longer steady line-out, before the main event, where everyone can get involved. You're unlikely to see many young lads trading turns with you and Jamie in a 30mph plus line-out, for most people that sort of effort requires a couple of winters in the legs. Knock a couple of mph off for a bit and you'll see a great chaingang.

....and you ain't old, just wait until you get to my age, and the wheels really start falling off.

by AndyM Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:48 am
Apologies if it's already been posted somewhere else in the forum, but where do the Tuesday and Thursday routes both go? Just so I can take a look at a map before I turn up.

Cheers

by Chris Clark Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:14 pm
Cyan Skymoos wrote:Don't be surprised to see some Clifton up there at the end Chris, Cycleworks don't have all the strong riders in York.

I'm all for a longer steady line-out, before the main event, where everyone can get involved. You're unlikely to see many young lads trading turns with you and Jamie in a 30mph plus line-out, for most people that sort of effort requires a couple of winters in the legs. Knock a couple of mph off for a bit and you'll see a great chaingang.

....and you ain't old, just wait until you get to my age, and the wheels really start falling off.

Yes it's great see everyone mixing it up, partly why I've re-joined Clifton after what must be 15 years.
Ok, maybe not old but let's say a little second hand.

I think back to when I was a yoof and had to contend with Peter Longbottom, Rob Harris & Mark Adinall all in their prime, so yeah your probably right, maybe slow down a bit to help - nah !!!!

by Cyan Skymoos Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 pm
Yes the rides with Pete were fast, but training with Bomber was like a K ride...only slower, and with more cafe stops... and that was when you could drag him away from MTV for a ride. He only went fast when you annoyed him by stickin' half a wheel on.

Happy days :lol:

by tomf Tue May 08, 2012 1:38 pm
Is the 'clifton' gang back at 6.30pm now?
cheers,
tom

by RichT Tue May 08, 2012 1:48 pm
It was 6.15 last week.