Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 pm
Please see link for details of Ballantyne Memorial Trophy RR a brilliant challenging race for 3rd & 4th cat races. Entries via BC entry form to

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... -Road-Race

Mr Christopher Gray
131g Tynedale Drive
Cowpen
BLYTH
Northumberland
NE24 4LU
cngray@hotmail.co.uk

Entry close date Mon, 16th Apr 2012

A J

by like my bike Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:55 pm
Worth the drive! definatley one for Muzzy & Cyan Skymoos, its only just gone on the website so good chance of getting a ride.

A J

by paulM Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 pm
Thanks for the vote of confidence Andy but I've already entered Wetwang on that day - I dont understand how events can still be getting added to the calender for dates so early in the season as most people will have made their selection now. There will be a few frustrated riders in the North East who will have already entered races in other divisions? Or does this mean they enter this anyway, save the petrol and another event elsewhere with a full field pre entered starts with 40 riders? No complaints about the number of events - there's something every week in Yorkshire but events dribbling onto the website makes it hard to plan your season and means some events will be undersubscribed.

But yes the roads up there are the best in the country if you've nothing else on that day!

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 am
Likewise, I think I've entered Wetwang, It's a bit too far away for me anyway, my days of traveling long distance for races is over. I have done some great races up that way though, Edmundbyers, Beaumont trophy, Border Trophy..all great races and I'm sure this one will be good.

by reubenbarrett Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm
That is a drive and a half away!

I have also entered Wetwang, fingers crossed for getting through the entry process...

by tomf Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm
...and that's four for Wetwang!
Although I was confused by the name, date and sponsor change... looks like only the potholes will be the same.
tom