Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 pm
There is an evening planned on 2nd February 2012 with coach Mark Grainger at Velocoaching (http://www.velocoaching.co.uk/).

The session will run from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at University of York, Wentworth College, Room W/222.

On the night, riders will be split according to their interest/ background, i.e. MTB, Road or TT.

Mark will talk about testing protocols, how the data can be used to improve performance. You will also receive guidance on how to structure your training yourself.

Cost of the evening: £5 or £2 on production of current Clifton CC Membership. Booking may be available via the webiste www.cliftoncc.org

or andrewjohnston@britishcycling.org.uk

A J

by like my bike Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 pm
Just post here if you intend to come, at the moment we have 3 members interested.

Any one else please post if you are intending to come along.

Questions to

andrewjohnston@britishcycling.org.uk

A J

by PhilBixby Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm
"... just post here if you intend to come"

I'll be there...

...and I'd recommend pretty much anyone who does the Saturday Training Rides to be there too. If you've not worked out a training plan for 2012 yet, then... ...well... ...just be there, okay?!? :roll:

by RichardD Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 pm
I will be there.

by tomf Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 pm
Would like to be there, but not back in York until Friday. Hope it goes well...
tom

by RichT Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 am
I'll be there.

by like my bike Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 am
Full address of venue

Wentworth College
The University of York,
Wentworth Way,
York,
YO10 5NG

See link to map

http://g.co/maps/87ke4

See you at 7.30 pm

A J

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:46 am
I'll be there.

by Dr Dave Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 pm
Was planning on coming but strained R hip flexors on turbo a few days ago and still off the bike so won't be there - shame as I was looking forward to it.

by Tullio Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:10 pm
Dave,

I think I'm right in saying that this eve is mostly theory now due to practicalities of doing any testing. So you may just need grey matter rather than your flexors :)

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 pm
Yeah I won't be doing any riding tonight....I was thinking sitting in a classroom listening to a guy telling us what we need to do to go faster, but I could be wrong.

Might even get some tips on how to batter yourself on the turbo without damaging those hip flexors.

by Benny Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:10 pm
I'll be there