Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:29 pm
"Could set it up as a proper road race league type training a la Jims session in Hull and get people properly into ability groups with proper time gaps. You all must really try a Jims session in Hull, really, you must! This was excellent, but it would give another angle to things!!"

It would be excellent but for that we'd need a Jim to organise it all, split everyone into groups, and stand by the roadside clocking all the riders through so they have lap times which he then posts on the HT website. Or are you volunteering, Col.... :wink:

by fatsprinter Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 pm
I thought that was right up your street :wink: Still, I suppose those days I'm with the kids?? Still, technically, you don't need the timing etc and could simplify things so no outside help would need. Each group would need a road captain or two to keeps things in order/people from getting too giddy, but they would be riding!! Each group could then supply timings too, especially a garmin equipped rider. The only thing needing proper thought would be the handicapping to put people into appropriate groups and then the timings. I'm sure I could work that one out pretty quickly - I'd be happy to do that. You could use the road race league circuits as well to try them out. All it would need is some responsible riding and ethos and it would work. Alas, next Saturday I'm taking Lukas to his first swim lesson and I'm away on business next two weekends, otherwise I'd love to! :wink: :wink:

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by DamianE Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 pm
You probably wouldn't need to work out handicaps the first time. Meet up as normal and ride 2 hours out to a course, somewhere quiet where groups of 20 can work. Then let Darren make the selection for you :twisted:
Write it down for the week after. Ta da!