Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 am
Forecast is looking much like last week - around zero on Friday night and a heady peak of four degrees on Saturday. Provisional plan is to do the "west" route that we missed last week, but with fall-backs of repeating the safer northerly run if it's dodgy (or cancelling if the forecast is wrong and it's really bad). 9:00 in the square...

by PhilBixby Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:36 pm
Well, the forecast was right - pretty much a carbon-copy of last Saturday but with a bit more salt around, so that despite the box on the bars reading three degrees as we headed up the sunny A168, there were genuine watery puddles around. Well, in fact, there was all sorts of stuff around, much of which ended up coating us, giving magnificent Belgian tans.

Again about a dozen out and really nice, neat teamwork saw the group stick together, keep out of the way of xmas-shopping motorists, and repeat the northerly route at a whisker under 19½mph and 200W, getting home about two minutes later than last week. Excellent work all round.

Hope tomorrow's Tan Hill bunch gets good weather and gritted roads and all get round with smiles on their faces (probably frozen on)!

by mart66 Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Good ride today.

My suspicions that I had a slow puncture were realised about 5 miles from home when I started to feel every bit of gravel on the road. When I pulled over my back wheel was completely flat.

I was never going to catch up but like to think that as it was so close to the home I would be credited with the same finish time as the group. :D