Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Jess Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 am
You misunderstand me Dr Dave - the stronger riders were not 'beasting' the weaker/newer riders - rather they were doing the work - hence why Broomwagon could see that the through & off wasn't very smooth when we picked him up. (which we all agree - it wasn't)

Re the stuff on the old A1 - we agreed we would try and push it round that section to have a 'bit of a blast' for those who were feeling stronger. We waited at the final roundabout so no-one was dropped & it was pretty tidy on the whole. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the group enjoyed it.

At this time of year then fitness is different for everyone but I don't see that a training ride should sit at the speed of the slowest rider (it certainly never did when I first started coming out!) & sorry but why should it be SUCH a crime to want to get the heart rate up a bit and push it - god forbid - in November! :wink:

When there are some higher levels of fitness in the group then it is hard to tailor the ride, so that's just how we did it.
Damned if I do, damned if I don't really.

by Cyan Skymoos Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 am
Kind of agree with Jess, everyone wants to get something out of the training ride. You can't be expected to keep wait for someone who hasn't touched the bike for months.
by timj Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Hi all
Maybe next week we could have a intense group and a base group because as Jess and Phil have pointed out everyone wants something different and people who want to be fit now or are fit now have a totally different reason for training at the moment.There is nothing wrong with that but the two groups should all want the same objectives or there will always be differing points of view.That way everybody knows where they stand before they set off.
cheers

by Broom Wagon Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 pm
Woah there! I probably shouldn't have used the word disorganised. Just saying that Jess's group (Jess's group being a useful term of reference rather than holding Jess responsible for the dynamics of the group), just seemed...er...not as er drilled.....er....systematic.....er organised as Phil's group....during the time I rode with it.

I still enjoyed riding with both groups and as long as cyclists ride in groups there will always be a debate about, too fast, too slow, not organised, too organised. Just pointing out that working harder doesn't always make more speed.

Tobzlerone wrote: Also the reason concerning a slower pace yet more work, I think that's a result of a little something called wind ;)

He who smelt it dealt it :lol:

by Tobzlerone Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 pm
Mm beans for breakfast.. Bad idea ;)
Well said on the mudguards btw