Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Ramo42 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:16 pm
Hello all, been cycling for a few years now.. just moved into york as i am at york st john university for 3 years so i am new to the area. I am only from driffield but still don't know my way round very well, been on a few rides but they have all been very flat.

I went up to cycleworks shop at 6pm today (Thursdays) as i was informed that you guys have an organised ride then, but noone turned up.. Is it because its too late in the year with the lack of daylight? If so, are there any more organised rides that i could come along to throughout the week?

Many thanks, tom.

by PhilBixby Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:21 pm
Hi Tom

Welcome to York!

There's a chaingang which Clifton (nominally) fronts up which goes out towards Rufforth on Tuesday evenings, but as far as I know it's stopped now as it's getting dark early and the race season's over. Cycleworks organise a couple of chaingangs on (I think) Tuesdays and Thursdays but - again - I suspect they may have finished for the year.

Clifton do a training ride on Saturday mornings (9am from Exhibition Square) but, again, it's taking a post-season break and will kick off again in November. You're very welcome to come along then, and meantime there's the Saturday intermediates ride (which is pretty brisk) and the Sunday clubruns. Keep an eye on the discussion board, and see what you fancy.

If anyone does the Cycleworks rides and knows the above to be rubbish - please post!!

by Ramo42 Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 pm
Brilliant, many thanks. I am usually racing on a weekend or back in driffield to see family so weekends will usually be a no-go. But will be looking foreward to riding with you all at some point! :)

by MikeG Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 pm
Yes Phil, you're right - the Cycleworks rides stopped last week too.
Mike

by Cyan Skymoos Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:08 pm
I don't think there's a chaingang now untill the clocks go forward next spring...I've never understood why there isn't a winter chaingang in York, there is a good one near me which starts first tuesday in January.

by paulM Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:57 pm
What were we doing last November? I think they only stopped because of the weather!