Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:57 am
As per discussion at the pub last night, general feeling was that since the road race season is now pretty much over, the training rides could take a break for a few weeks. Intention would then be:-

-Training rides start again first weekend in November (subject to weather!)
-Format to be similar to last year; use regular rota of routes so people get to know them and can get home alone if required
-Start steady and gradually include faster stuff as start of season approaches
-Each week someone to agree to take responsibility for making sure people know where they're going, and to ensure no-one gets dropped without them knowing how to get home.

Assumption, as previously, is that the training ride is about endurance/tempo pace work and that anyone planning on racing is doing more intense training elsewhere.

by Dr Dave Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:20 pm
I know that the Training Rides are NOT meant for 'people who want a group ride but also want to be home at lunchtime instead of being out from 10 am til 3-4 pm on a Saturday'.....

However IF anyone is planning to ride from 9 til lunchtime on a Saturday and wonders if a like-minded soul is considerig the same they might wish to post here on the of-chance :D :D
by timj Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:33 pm
Dr Dave
I am working for a few saturdays but i would be up for that at some point