Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by willhub Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:03 am
I was joking.

by PhilBixby Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am
Ahhh... ...you missed off the " :wink: "

by willhub Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 pm
hehe I'll remember that for next time.

Anyways I'll be at the square, if no one turns up I just go to Sherriff Hutton do the 13 mile TT course then back home and rig my bike up for TT and go out do 2x20.

by rjpaddy1 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:52 am
Do we have a confirmed route for tomorrow?

by willhub Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:53 pm
I don't think so.

If not just do the route Phil suggested, or just decide on a route at the square tomoz.

by PhilBixby Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:10 pm
C'mon folks, make yer minds up. It's no good saying newcomers need to know how to make their own way home and then not telling them where they might need to get back from....! :roll:

by willhub Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:24 pm
I've got GPS I can guide em back.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be there, but If not, I know enough of Yorkshire to plan a route in my head and tell people it.

by MichaelCarter Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:20 am
Phil suggested a route (see page 3) and Broomwagon offered to lead it so let's do that. (Malton Coneysthorpe Terrington)

by willhub Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:49 pm
Did you and the other guy (sorry crap with names) get home ok Michael?

Brilliant training ride today, I'm knackered, had a very good workout and thanks to Kit Gilham as well, sure puts it into perspective on how powerful elite/pro cyclists are and it's inspiring in a way. Back to Strensall I found it a tough workout on the back there but it's all fun pain! :D

by MichaelCarter Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:55 pm
willhub wrote:Did you and the other guy (sorry crap with names) get home ok Michael?

Yeah tar, we were bored of yours and Kit's slow pace so we pretended to struggle so we could leave you to it and get on with a proper ride! (joking Will!)

Seriously, I didn't realise Kit was an elite but that might explain the fact that when I tried to share the pace my heart was bursting out of my chest and he seemed fine!

Tons has been said on this thread about the rides in general. I've been on a few now and really benefiting. Like someone said we all get something from them. To those at the front, drop us when we struggle - we have benefited to that point and it's your training ride too. To those at the back, no shame, you're putting yourself up against faster people so you'll only improve!

Oh and Will, get some good rest in over autumn or winter and you'll be kicking some butt next year! I remember when you were a college student and you've improved massively.

Michael

by willhub Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:05 pm
Yeah, you should have seen Kit go up that hill that's at the end of the hilly TT's, must have being doing 20+ up it, I was doing about 8-10mph :p

It'll be great if Kit or people of his ability come out on the training rides again as it's so good getting people who are alot fitter and just hanging on their back wheel, makes you push harder but brings on gains.

I plan on doing training rides and intervals/tempo in the week for another month or so then sort of make it slightly steadier in the winter I'm determined to get alot faster next year but I've got my 3rd year at uni with dissertation so can't get too hung up on cycling or It'll impact my grades.