Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:01 am
No races for me this weekend so I'll be out on Saturday - hopefully a few more of the regulars too? Let's head west and (hopefully) enjoy the summer weather, having ridden that route a fair few times in the chill winds of the spring. 9:00 in the square.

by Dr Dave Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 am
Child care duties for me but I may get a pass for a couple of hours so will try and be there.

by Broom Wagon Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 pm
I'm intending to be out, though the weather forecast is for heavy rain. If it's wet I won't be coming.

by Tobzlerone Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:32 pm
Looking to do the intermediates? Has anyone else received an email update yet? Just so we know where it may be going?

Cheers

Tobz

by Cyan Skymoos Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm
I'll be out if not raining, but it doesn't look good.

by Tobzlerone Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:51 pm
Mind changed gunna go on the training ride, see you there :)
by timj Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:35 am
WORK !

by PhilBixby Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:36 pm
Well, despite rain, and the weather forecast promising plenty more to come, eight riders showed true grit by turning up in the square this morning. We headed out on the Bramham / Thorner route and although a couple dropped off the remainder stayed together and worked well. It was one of those days where if you kept pedalling, you stayed warm (so my puncture at Sherburn on the return leg was particularly unwelcome - thanks to everyone for not abandoning me) and by the time we got a tailwind for the final run-in from Stillingfleet, it was vaguely pleasant. 2½ hours at a brisk pace (my speed sensor gave up during my puncture repair).

by Tobzlerone Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:03 pm
Despite the rain I really enjoyed it today :) was quite happy with how I felt early on, managing to hang on on the lumps. Eased back abit on the descents though due to a some slightly lacking brakes still enjoyable mind :)

Managed a few seconds on the front each time towards the end, average of About 21mph

Cheers

Tobz

by Dr Dave Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:30 am
Yes, a good workout this morning despite the weather. Slightly scary moment when I thought that idiot was going to take us all out......

Thanks to all .