Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:24 pm
I am considering doing this on Sunday but would have to EOL. Organiser tells me that there is 10 reserves already. I have EOL on a couple of occasions already this year but, from people's experience, is it likely I would get a ride?? 10 reserves seems quite a lot...

thanks

by PhilBixby Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 pm
All depends who shows up; we had a full field and ten reserves for the BC race last Sunday. In the event, only six of the reserves showed up; we had ten of the sixty not turn up and so all the reserves plus one EOL got a ride (and we could have taken three more...)... :roll:

by paulM Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:09 pm
Its quite likely Cam - weather isnt looking that good so bound to be a few not turning out. Folk are entering so far in advance now they cant guarantee they will be there!
Having said that I rode this event 3 years ago - its about 20 laps of a 2 mile circuit, its horrible in the wet and you have to queue for the corners. If you look at the map on the website that triangle is the circuit! But don't let me put you off- its not my cup of tea but clearly a lot do enjoy this sort of circuit!

by PhilBixby Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:15 am
...and it's almost always wet - Donny Wheelers have a video of the race from a few years back on their website with "It's raining men" as the soundtrack!

by Cam B Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Thanks for that chaps...Not my ideal sort of circuit either by the sound of it but it's an opportunity to race (don't have anything for next w/e or two apart from TLI this coming Thu which I may try and EOL) and I am psyched up for it now! I will venture down there and see what happens....