Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Tullio Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:38 pm
Hi Tim (/others),

I'm trying honest. The plan was to try and get some testing sorted before the end of the season whilst all of you had muscles like Popeye.

Unfortunately my contact at YSJ seems to have vanished. I'm trying to make contact with them again but they aren't a very customer friendly organisation to deal with. :roll:

I'll keep you posted when/if I hear back.

by Tim r Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:33 pm
Thanks for the update.
Having noted Marks earlier posts it seems like a bit of a pattern is developing!
It must be frustrating for you knowing that we have a group of people who are keen to learn and improve their performance and potentially people who could provide them the tools to do it but keep disappearing!
You must feel like slapping the backs of their legs! (or possibly a chinese burn against which there is no known defence) :D

Tim
by Velo coach Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 am
I just saw this thread and I had previously offered to come along to a Clifton Club Evening for question and answer session.

I am based over in East Yorkshire 13 miles south of Scarborough.

If your interested drop me a line more than willing to come along to one of your club meetings.

enquiries@velocoaching.co.uk

I am also on facebook

Cheers

Mark

by nigelt Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 pm
Hey Guys- I can vouch for Mark as I know him well- he's unlikely to vanish and is very knowledgeable- would definitely be worth arranging for mark to do a session for us if enough people are interested, I'm definitely up for joining in.

Mark has a Facebook page and website if anyone wants to have a look at his credentials...

Nigel :D :D :D

by Cyan Skymoos Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am
I think it's obvious by now the YSJ isn't going to happen. I think we need to look elsewhere if people are still interested. Perhaps the club could hire a Wattbike or similar kit and we could get a Coach to come down and make sense of the data for everyone.

by nigelt Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am
Guys,

I did a ramp test with Mark Grange (Velo Coaching) two weeks ago from which he's produced me a really good training plan- he's well qualified and has a number of riders who compete at national level and one who's now been selected to ride for GB.

I mentioned this thread to him and he confirmed that he will be happy to run some sessions should we wish him to do so. Let me know if you want this and I'll liaise with him re times / dates / cost etc

Nigel

by Tullio Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:35 pm
I did try to progress with YSJ but, TBH, they just aren't interested. They came back very late with something that wasn't what I'd asked for and at sky high prices.

Hence why Mark from Velocoaching is probably our best bet for stuff like this.

Sorry guys for those of you that were hoping for YSJ to come up with something.

by like my bike Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 pm
- Coaching evening ***Thursday 2nd February***

There is an evening planned on 2nd February 2012 with coach Mark Grainger at Velocoaching (http://www.velocoaching.co.uk/).

The session will run from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at University of York, Wentworth College, Room W/222.

On the night, riders will be split according to their interest/ background, i.e. MTB, Road or TT.

Mark will talk about testing protocols, how the data can be used to improve performance. You will also receive guidance on how to structure your training yourself.

Cost of the evening: £5 or £2 on production of current Clifton CC Membership. Booking may be available via the webiste www.cliftoncc.org

or andrewjohnston@britishcycling.org.uk

A J