Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Dr Dave Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:55 am
Tempting but I've no BC licence. Can you take out a day licence or do you need a 'proper' licence?

by like my bike Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:10 am
Do you have British Cycling membership either Silver or Gold?

If so no problem a day license is FREE for these races

Bronze membership = day license of £5 for these

Non member day license £10 for these

A J

by Tobzlerone Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:28 pm
Sounds good, I'll get my app in :)

by RichT Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:34 pm
I'm going to enter these.

Do you pay the day licence money on the day or when you enter?

by like my bike Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am
Pay day license on the day

A J

by Broom Wagon Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm
You'd have to like hills though, four times up North Newbold hill. Though this race is easy for me to get to, the organiser assures me I'll get a ride if I turn up on the night, he says the 4th cats (not you Jess :wink: ) get a generous 7 minute start, I've not done any racing this year so it would be nice to do a couple of races at least and there'll be a few Clifton jerseys there so I'm pretty sure I'm going to do these.

And besides a long climb doesn't always spell disaster for those that can't climb. Indeed I had one of my best results (er about 15ish years ago) in a race that consisted of one long long draggy climb with the rest of the circuit being downish to get to the foot of the climb again. People would crack off in ones and twos all the way up the climb so you'd end up with some behind and some ahead by the time you got to the summit. Once over the summit those behind would come by like a train and you'd jump on and pick up the small groups ahead. Of course with the peloton ahead to catch up everyone worked together to get them back. It worked so well that on the last lap we caught the group on the finishing straight and I went on to contest the sprint and won........heh heh had you going there, I didn't win (obviously) but finished in the bunch which is a good result for me. Mind you I was a stone lighter then :(

by tomf Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:35 pm
..you tell that to kids today, and you know what? They believe you!

by Broom Wagon Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 pm
didn't have a water bottle either, the best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

by JSimon Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:47 am
I'll give it go. But I'll enter on the night as I'm not sure I can make it there on time after work. After all this flat circuit racing it's gonna be interesting to try a hilly race :)

by like my bike Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 pm
To all those that read my piece on day license for this race - you don't get license points on a day license.

A J

by RichT Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 am
I have not heard anything from the organiser about my entry for this Thursday's race. Has anyone else?

by PhilBixby Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:48 am
Nope! Don't panic, hopefully he'll get a start sheet out before Thursday.

by Tobzlerone Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:50 pm
Well I've applied. Money has gone out and received anteater in tue post, but no name on the start list, spooky

by Tobzlerone Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:33 pm
Ah it was because I entered late, which the guy was happy to point out after I rang him, in somewhat of an unnecessarily rude manner.