Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:32 am
A reminder for those of you currently enjoying the Tockwith Spring Series, that there will be a further series of six events starting on Tuesday 28th June. Again there will be two races each night, but they'll be a 3/4 race and a 2/3/4 race.

Entry is £10 on the night or £50 for the series of six in advance. Advance entries close in about three weeks so if you're planning on doing all/most of them please get entries in ASAP to help the organisers plan, and to cut down your waiting time on the night.

by PhilBixby Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:44 am
Just bumping this up as a reminder - Tockwith summer series starts tonight!

by JSimon Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:39 am
Just two or three Clifton riders out last night, unless the rest was in disguise like me. My confidence suffered a serious blow when I was dropped about 8 laps before the finish. I didn't see much sense in riding on after that and I stopped just in time before being lapped.
Maybe the pace was a lot faster than last time, maybe I just had a bad day or it was the wrong strategy to hang too much at the back instead of trying to stay at the front. One good thing about staying at the back is that it's a lot less scary and stressful :)

Anyways, will have to find back my confidence before the Newbald race on Thursday.

In the second race last night there was an impressive one man break who managed to hold off the bunch for at least 6-8 laps to take the win with a 10 second margin.