Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by willhub Sat May 07, 2011 12:43 pm
Brilliant route that, legs abit knackered now that headwind was quite tough, good ride, good company.

Got 85 miles, well 88 by the time I got home at good pace.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/83975230
by timj Sat May 07, 2011 3:24 pm
sorry Cam my mistake doh!

by JSimon Sat May 07, 2011 6:16 pm
I agree, great route and some strong riders out!
7 of us turned up this morning at 9 to brave the dreadful weather forecast and were rewarded with some excellent cycling conditions. However I was soon to regret that I had asked for a hilly route and I had to dig deep in the last 30 minutes to stay in the slipstream. My plans to study in the afternoon had to be changed to a long recovery nap :)

by MikeG Sat May 07, 2011 6:56 pm
Thanks for the ride today everyone. It was a shame about my high speed decent wrong turn just before Ampleforth (note to self :- don't charge down the hill in front when you don't know where you're going!). Despite a valiant effort I didn't manage to catch up after having to re-climb the hill so headed back via Yearsley, Brandsby, Whenby, Sheriff Hutton etc. Still, 75 very pleasant miles at av. 19+ with some good lumpy bits to get the old ticker working a bit :)

by willhub Sat May 07, 2011 9:44 pm
JSimon wrote:I agree, great route and some strong riders out!
7 of us turned up this morning at 9 to brave the dreadful weather forecast and were rewarded with some excellent cycling conditions. However I was soon to regret that I had asked for a hilly route and I had to dig deep in the last 30 minutes to stay in the slipstream. My plans to study in the afternoon had to be changed to a long recovery nap :)

Lol same, I was supposed to be revising for exam on Monday and ended up falling asleep in front of the TV watching the Giro :lol: