Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by menticknap Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:57 pm
Kirbymisperton circuit has quite a lot going for it really.
Long (ish) wide downhill.
Narrow straight road.
90 degree corners.
Roundabout.
Draggy climb and a short sharp shock of a climb.
The route is mainly flat though. Check out our website for my Garmin data. www.maltonwheelersrc.co.uk and click on Road Race.

I was at Wetandwindywang promoting the league today.

by reubenbarrett Tue May 01, 2012 8:58 pm
There is also something unusual on the York Cycleworks 31st May event. When entering it says "max yob: 18", presumably this is year of birth. Anyway, I couldn't enter that one online so think there is something wrong with settings on that race.

by Cam B Wed May 02, 2012 3:43 pm
reubenbarrett wrote:All the Thursday night events are on the BC calendar now: http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/?series_id=284

Cam - there appears to a problem with the 28th June event as the online entry is not enabled for that race only

Thanks...I have asked them to change this plus one or two other things

by Cyan Skymoos Thu May 03, 2012 10:37 am
Yeah strange, think it means you can't be 18 or youger than 18, or older than 18 on 31st may. :? Might struggle to get entries for this one.

by Cam B Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am
tomf wrote:Bad news I'm afraid. I suspect they have a regular Thursday booking...

Dear Tom,

Your enquiry regarding the evening availability of Thorganby Village Hall for the dates – 31st May and 28th June, 2012 has been passed on to me.

Whilst we would have no problem with your proposed use we are already booked for both of those evenings.

I can offer both 30th May and 1st June; as well as 27th and 29th June.

I think I'll try the pub in Skipwith next. They have a decent sized carpark behind. The pub in Thorganby is a bit smart for lycra hordes...
Cheers,
tom

Hi Tom,

Any luck with the pub in Skipwith?

by Cyan Skymoos Mon May 07, 2012 11:22 am
The 31st of May now works. You've got to be under 99 now. I've entered.

by tomf Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm
Re: Escrick circuit HQ - Skipwith Village hall (the old school) is lined up - just waiting for a call back about the first date. It's on the right on the road into Skipwith from Escrick, so about 2miles from the start line; has decent parking behind and option to park more by the village pond (but ideally NOT on the main road).
cheers,
tom

by Cam B Tue May 08, 2012 4:06 pm
reubenbarrett wrote:All the Thursday night events are on the BC calendar now: http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/?series_id=284

Cam - there appears to a problem with the 28th June event as the online entry is not enabled for that race only

Online entry is now available on the calender

by Cam B Tue May 08, 2012 4:08 pm
tomf wrote:Re: Escrick circuit HQ - Skipwith Village hall (the old school) is lined up - just waiting for a call back about the first date. It's on the right on the road into Skipwith from Escrick, so about 2miles from the start line; has decent parking behind and option to park more by the village pond (but ideally NOT on the main road).
cheers,
tom

Thanks Tom....If you could let us know as soon as it is confirmed as I will need to change venue details on BC calender and also advise the people providing the First Aid

by Cam B Fri May 25, 2012 7:40 am
tomf wrote:Re: Escrick circuit HQ - Skipwith Village hall (the old school) is lined up - just waiting for a call back about the first date. It's on the right on the road into Skipwith from Escrick, so about 2miles from the start line; has decent parking behind and option to park more by the village pond (but ideally NOT on the main road).
cheers,
tom

Hi Tom,

Not having too much luck in sending some of my PM's so thought would post here. Apologies if you have sent me a PM already and I have not recieved it. Do we have confirmation for this as HQ? If so, could you let me know full address and a contact person. I would need to get BC to change the HQ details on the calender and let everyone else know change of venue.

cheeers

Cam

by menticknap Sun May 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Thanks for your report, we got good coverage in Maltons Gazette and Herald.

by Tobzlerone Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:27 pm
how long is a lap of the Kirby mMisperton circuit? and whats the finish like?

cheers

tobz