Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:32 pm
Sadly no races over Easter weekend so I'll be out on Saturday - 9am from the square. Suggest the easterly "traditional" route via Malton / Terrington; re-group after any splits on the hills and do a full-speed lap or two of the Flat 10 circuit on the way home to pre-burn-off any Easter excesses. Forecast is for twenty-something and blazing sunshine so slap on the sunscreen folks!
by timj Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 pm
should be there this week Phil good route sugestion

by dave c Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:38 pm
Should be there.

By the way LVRC Ferryhill Wheelers RR 15th May cancelled (Croft motorbike racing on, police concerned about amount of traffic)

Dave

by Dan Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Hoping to be out on this one, be gentle with me!
by timj Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 pm
forgot to say well done to Paul last sunday wish i had made it.Glad pot holes had been filled.

by PhilBixby Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:29 am
"By the way LVRC Ferryhill Wheelers RR 15th May cancelled (Croft motorbike racing on, police concerned about amount of traffic) "

From the LVRC website:-

"British Superbikes was in September last year and when Steve mentioned that he had run the event on the same weekend since 1999 and perhaps they should move it did nothing more than raise a smile!"

Nice to know where we are in the pecking order.... :roll:

by Tobzlerone Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:14 pm
how far is this ride?

tempted to come down and put off any last pieces of revision and homework.. oh and tidying my bedroom

cheers

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:54 pm
Usual just under three hours - will adjust laps of the Flat 10 circuit to suit.

Contrary to the advice I've been giving my daughter, I'd skip the revision and room-tidying... :roll:

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:25 pm
Good ride this morning - blue skies, 20-odd degrees, sort of stuff we're becoming used to. Landscape out towards Malton at its best. Drivers all in a good mood (I wish :roll: ). Set off out with a group of about ten including a couple of newcomers, a couple of occasionals and the usual hardcore of regulars.

Shed a couple fairly early but, with a couple of regroupings, the rest pretty much stuck together all the way round (until I doubled back to check a couple of stragglers before the lap of the "10" circuit and by the time I'd got to the start everyone else had b******d off!). 20mph average for the out-of-town bit, 236W Normalised Power and yet more tan.

And back home to a start sheet (for Minty's vets race next Sunday) - a Saturday doesn't get much better than that!

by Cyan Skymoos Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:22 pm
Got my start sheet for Minty's too, I recognise a lot of those names, some very strong riders in there, should be good hard racing.

by Dan Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:05 pm
After re-grouping in Malton my ride came to an abrupt end. I stopped with the two riders who had the coming together but unfortunately the rest of the group never. I wasn't able to catch up on the rise out of Malton and watched the group swiftly disappear out of sight. Luckily for the riders that did have the coming together they managed to re-group. At the Conysthorpe crossroad I turned left and decided to do the Castle Howard road getting in some needed hill training.